Sunday, November 01, 2015

Simple Stories Pumpkin Spice Projects | ScrapMuch? & Stuck?! Sketches

Hi there!

Do I ever had a lot to share with you today! I have combined my reveal for ScrapMuch? with my Stuck?! Sketches November 1st sketch, AND I played along with a couple of other sketches!

I was given the super sweet Pumpkin Spice Collection by Simple Stories by the ladies at ScrapMuch?, to play with this month. I adore this collection, with its rich fall colour scheme and great embellishments, it was so fun to work with! Let me tell you a bit about my projects.

Happy Fall

(update - this layout was published in the Fall 2016 issue of Creative Scrapbooker magazine)

I so LOVE this background paper, it is magic. So of course it had to be a main part of my layout. It worked perfect for this page with its tight focal area, leaving a lot of white space (or gorgeous wood grained space) open.

This page is based off of the sketch for the November 1st challenge at Stuck?! Sketches, check it out:


Here are a couple of close up photos of my embellishment clusters, I used lots of pop dots to give my page some dimension.


I also added in a bit of texture paste and floss for extra texture. I dug into my stash for some alpha stickers that would coordinate and found these super oldies from Studio Calico. I think they work perfectly, and given their age it was high time I used some of them ;)

Over at Stuck?!, we partnered with Scrap it with a Song, who challenged us to use the song "Octopus Garden" by the Beatles for inspiration. I must admit that I am not a Beatles fan (not that I really dislike them, they have just never been my thing - not even waaay back in high school). So I had to do a little research to learn a little more about the song so that I could use it for inspiration. I found out the song contains the lyrics "Oh what joy for every girl and boy/Knowing they're happy and they're safe,"

So that and the title became inspiration for me. These photos were taken at a fish sanctuary not far from our home - not quite the same as an Octopus Garden, but it works. And the lyrics about happy safe children, also speaks to these photos, as our youngest son is loving tossing sticks into the water and watching them float downstream. There is something magical about watching children play, explore and be adventurous when they know they are safe with their parents nearby.

Anyway, if you play along with us at Stuck?!, you have a chance to win one of our great prizes. We are being sponsored by Boys Rule and Wycinaka for this challenge. And if you play along with Scrap it with a Song as well, you have a chance to win their prize, too!

Next up is this page:

Fall Delights


Nothing says Fall like getting a stash of bright orange pumpkins! This burlap look paper with the flowers printed on it is another great pattern. I always love the look of these type of papers with a spray of flowers or other pattern in the corner, but struggle with how to use them and often end up using the B side. So this time I challenged my self to use the side that I struggle with and guess what? I love the way it turned out!



I used a die cut from the collection as part of my title and die cut the word "delights" with my Silhouette. I really like the look of mixed alpha titles.





More great stickers and die cuts with added dimension thanks to my stash of pop dots!



I used this fun sketch from The Studio Challenges as a jumping off point for my page:



There is still about a week to link up if you want to play along!

Autumn Colours


These photos were also taken at the fish sanctuary, we were blessed with some gorgeous colours that day! I added a piece of vellum to this page, although I was hoping it would be a little more translucent so that you could see the work I put into the background, I just wanted it to sort of play off the wispy clouds in the photos a bit.



I love these epoxy Bradz, no piercing and no little prongs to deal with!



Another title that is part die cut and part Silhouette cut.



This collection comes with some of the sweetest stickers and die cuts, just perfect for every day photos.

For this page, I used this sketch by Kelly Klapstein for Canadian Scrapbooker, as inspiration:



I am not really sure how long the links stay open for their challenges, but you should play along!

I also created a set of mini gift cards, there was just something about these little round stickers, with cute sentiments on them that spoke to me!













You will be seeing more from me using this collection soon. as I have a fun little tutorial to share wit you! In the meantime, I hope you join in with us at Stuck?! Sketches! And don't forget their are weekly challenges going on at ScrapMuch?, too!

Supply List: Simple Stories stickers, patterned paper and Bradz; American Crafts cardstock; Ranger Texture Paste; misc vellum and floss; Studio Calico alphas; TCW mask.

Thank you for visiting today!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I just loved all your layouts! You sure have been busy!! Great cards also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a post full of Autumnal delights! The page you designed using the Studio Challenges sketch is amazing! The photo's are perfect with the orange pumpkin popping out and all the elements used to embellish your page are perfect for this masculine theme. Thanks so much for sharing your Fall page with us at The Studio Challenges. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy! Lovely layouts, love what you did with our sketch, thanks so much for joining in with us at The Studio Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a lineup, Laura! So much to love, especially all the country details; and that gradient, woodgrain DSP... Stunning! Love the little pumpkin truck and denim paper on our take! Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much beauty here today! I love what you've done with this collection and the different sketches (your sketches are always fabulous and so inspiring!) Thank you so much for all you share!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!