Thursday, December 03, 2015

December Daily | Cover and Day 1

Hi there!

I am starting my very first every December Daily album!  This is something that I have wanted to to for a couple of years now but hadn't found the time - I really hope to work on this every other day.  I haven't decided if I will continue right through December or finish it on Christmas day, I guess time will tell!

I picked up this gorgeous red and natural burlap SN@P album on sale at ScrapFest.  It really spoke to me - it is just my style!

I kept the cover fairly simple layering some patterned paper and a die cut doily with a die cut DEC and glittery number stickers.  Then I embellished with some goodies form the Simple Stories Claus & Co. collection and some glittery enamel dots from Your Next Stamp.


Here is another view.


I decided to cut this calendar from one of the Claus & Co. patterned papers to keep track of our December holiday events.

There is another sheet that I will be using to share a table of contents of sorts for each days photo, I will post that at a later date.


This is page 1, the very first thing we did to celebrate December was welcome back our Elf on the Shelf, Buddy.  I used a pocket page fro this layout, with 2 4x4 pockets and one 2x8 pocket.


I die cut our elf's name and stitched it onto a 4x4 card, then added in some alpha stickers and chipboard stars, on top of the page protector.  The wooden #1  is from Freckled Fawn and I just love it.  I ordered this set of numbers just for this album.  Each page will boast the same style of numbers - hopefully this will help to keep my album cohesive.


The section with the photo of our elf, sitting in an antique swim locker basket with our advent bags, was treated pretty simply by just adding a few layers behind it.  I embellished on top of the page protector on this section, too.

If you would like information on our DIY advent bags, you can find it here on my home renovations and decor blog.


I used my FUSE tool to seal some sequins into the 2x8 pocket.



 And that is it for today.  I will be back soon to share more of my December Daily album with you, and I will have a new sketch to share with you tomorrow!

Supply List: Simple Stories album, page protector, patterned paper, mini alphas stickers, Washi paper tape strips and embellishments; American Crafts Thickers; Hemptique bakers twine; Your Next Stamp enamel dots; Evalicious puffy sticker; My Mind's Eye wood grained paper (DEC); misc. cardstock and sequins.

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. I love what you have so far! The album cover is fantastic!

    I have created a December Daily album 4 years and only 1 year is complete, LOL. I really need to finish my albums. I hope you have better luck! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!