Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Wishing you a truck load of joy | challenge card

HI there!

I am sharing a card I created for a couple of challenges, and also to finally start on making my Christmas cards!


There were a few things that jump started me to get this years Christmas cards done - um started ;) - first off is this challenge at Little Red Wagon which asks us to create a project that features a form of transportation.  And secondly, a great Black Friday sale at Tiddly Inks!  I scored a bunch of new digis, I haven't added to my digi stamp collection in a while so it was super fun!

One of the stamps that I chose was a great sketched truck stamp.  When I bought it I was thinking masculine Christmas, even though it is a Father's Day stamp.    I was hoping to find another stamp that I could nestle in the bed of the truck, maybe a Christmas tree? Or a Santa sack?  But unfortunately I couldn't find anything from Tiddly Inks or anywhere else I checked that was in a style that would mesh well with the truck.

Then I decided that I would try my hand at creating a digital stamp, I chose to try to draw a Santa sack as it seemed the easier of the two.  I sketched out my drawing on a piece of plain white paper and then scanned it into my computer and turned it into a PNG file.  As you probably know this allows you to layer digital images, so after nesting the two images together, I printed them out and had some fun colouring them up!  The sentiment was drawn with the Silhouette using a Steadtler black pen.

Supply List: My Mind's Eye patterned paper, bakers twine and chipboard button; Staples cardstock; Tiddly Inks digital stamp; Laura Whitaker digital stamp (ha!); Versacolour pinecone ink; Staedtler pen; Copic markers (R56, R959, Y26, Y28. Y32. BG000, C3, C5, C7, C8).

I am entering into the following challenges:

Little Red Wagon - that's how I roll challenge
Tiddly Inks - Anything goes challenge
Lil  Patch Crafty Friends Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafting with Friends-  Anything Goes
Simply Papercraft challenges - Anything Goes
Crafty girls creations - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for visiting today!

10 comments:

  1. A great card, fab design. Thanks so much for playing this time at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Andree {DT Lil Patch of Crafty Friends}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Laura.....trucks are a popular one for this challenge. Thanks for playing along at LRW!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Tiddly Inks! Good luck,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, thanks for sharing with Simply Papercrafts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Christmas card! Thanks for joining us in the Anything Goes challenge. Good luck! xx Jen, Tiddly Inks DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic card loving the image and the fabulous card design and colours, thank you for joining our challenge at LIL PATCH OF CRAFTY FRIENDS
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, thank you for joining us at Crafting from the Heart.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Love the design of your card. Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge, We hope to see you again. :)

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great masculine Christmas card, I love the added "Santa Sack" that you drew! Thanks for sharing with us @ Tiddly Inks in our "Anything Goes" challenge, best of luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! The way you colored the truck is awesome! Thank you for joining us at Tiddly Inks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!