Friday, January 15, 2016

Champ! | Stuck?! Sketches

That latest challenge is up at Stuck?! Sketches and I am sharing my layout today!  You know those pages that are so fun to create because you pull random elements from your stash, from a variety of manufacturers - and then it just seems to all come together and all those random elements look so happy all nestled together on one fun page. 


Yeah this is that page for me.  It happens when I have time to just create and am not working up against a deadline, when I can leave the page and come back to it, or when I can just putter and play.


I added some colour to my white cardstock base using water colour paints and the "packaging technique", so fun!  Then I went back when the paint was dry and added in some pale blue Mr. Huey's mist.


I have had these chipboard hexes in my stash for a little while now and it was time to use some up.  I coloured them dark blue with a Copic (why haven't I done this before) such a quick way to add some colour.  If you do not have Copics, try Sharpies!


I have been trying so hard to add journaling to my pages lately.  A BIG birthday later this year is reminding me that I may not be around forever - forever is creeping up on me! ha!


I am in serious heart with the look of these distressed rub on numbers from Making Memories (yes that is how old they are - the company hasn't even been around for years) I think I bought them in the first year or two of my scrapbooking journey.


Here is the sketch that I created for Stuck?! Sketches, I really hope that you consider playing along.  We have two amazing sponsors giving away prizes.  If you haven't already you should check them out.  Just click on the logos to be taken to their sites.

http://www.creativeembellishments.com/

http://scrapmatts.ning.com/

Supply List:  American Crafts Cardstock and vellum; Leow's water colour paints; Mr. Huey's mist in powder blue; ephemera from Jillibean Soup and Fancy Pants Designs; papers, stickers and enamel dots from Simple Stories; round tags, wood veneer and flair from Evalicious; flair from Badges and Buttons; tumbled glass Distress Ink from Tim Holtz; chipboard hexagons from Creative Embellishments; Freckled Fawn cork arrows; Tim Holtz tiny attacher; Making Memories rubons (so so old); R46 Copic marker (to colour some of the wood veneers); B39 Copic marker (to colour the hex chipboard); Black fine tip Sharpie; grey Staedtler pen.

I am so glad that you visited today! Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. That's my favorite way to create, love! I think that's why I {heart} kit clubs... mixing manufacturers is the way to make it yours. This is simply put... Gorgeous, girl! What a fun sketch! And I totally agree with you about those rubons... You're so lucky they still work for you! Making Memories must've knew how to do 'em right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just awesome Laura!! The colours are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!