Friday, January 01, 2016

Go Jump in the Lake | Stuck?! Sketches

Hi there!

I know we have just started January today, and winter has barely begun, but now that Christmas is over I am already craving summer!  So today's layout is a way for me to enjoy a little bit of it, in the form of fun memories!  I have created with the newest sketch from Stuck?! Sketches and some summery colours from Jillibean Soup, as well as some fun embellishments from various manufacturers.


When we moved in to our new house last summer, my youngest and I spent as many afternoons as possible playing in the lake.  One of the reasons we chose our house is its proximity to the lake.  While we are not lakefront, our neighbourhood has a private beach area which is only a 3 minute stroll from our front door.


Although we were busy doing some renos to our home and settling our older boys into their new home, we still made time to play.


I know I do not have many years left before this guy doesn't invite me to come and swim with him any more.  So even though I hate being in a bathing suit, you bet your last dollar that I jumped every time he asked, which was pretty much everyday it was not raining, and some of those, too.


We would float and goof around, take selfies with our waterproof camera, pull duck weed and "seaweed" out of our hair and laugh and giggle.  We swam along the shoreline and checked out large lakeside homes and cottages - playing the what if we won the lottery game!  It was so nice to just chat with him while we played.



And now, when the temps are low and we have very little sunshine and the winter blues have settled deep into my core; I have happy memories of sunny days to keep me warm and lift my spirits.  Only  5 1/2 -6 months until we can swim again!

Here is my sketch:


We have two fabulous sponsors this month at Stuck?! Sketches, both Wycinanka and ScrapMuch? are offering prices for this challenge.  I hope you join in the fun and link up for your chance to win!

http://www.shopscrapmuch.ca/catalog//

http://www.wycinanka.net//

Supply List: Jillibean Soup patterned paper, place-mat, stickers, die cuts and wood veneer; Evalicious flair and puffy stickers; Heidi Swapp wood veneer; Fancy Pants Designs die cuts and wood veneer; MME twine; American Crafts rosette; Freckled Fawn heart shaped sticky note and clip; Simple Stories and Jillibean Soup alphas.

Thank you for visiting today!

2 comments:

  1. Really great layout! I love that Jillibean Soup collection. Makes me long for summer!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!