Monday, February 01, 2016

1st Bath | Stuck?! Sketches DT | Scrap Our Stash GDT

I have a new layout to share today; created for the new sketch challenge over at Stuck?! Sketches and for the inspiration photo and stash challenge at Scrap our Stash as I am guesting over there this month!

I started my page by choosing a patterned paper for my background and added in some blue and brown water colour paints, then I added in big globs of white paint here and there.  I also stamped on some circles with CTMH Star Spangled Blue ink and an Impression Obsession stamp and added in some water droplets with a Lawn Fawn stamp.


I machine stitched the circle element.


Then I layered up patterned papers and my photos.  I used some Tim Holtz rubons here and there, which is my favourite way to use them. Then I added in a bit more machine stitching.

I also added on some stamped journalling areas, and used my Dear Lizzy date stamp, then I finished off the whole page with some sprinkles of black Mr. Huey's.


Next I raided my embellishment stash and added in stickers, wood veneer, flair and a clip.  I also added in a stamped and coloured crab (this is an older stamp from Imaginisce).  My friend Jinny is always using stamped images on her layouts and she is inspiring me.




This is the sketch that I created for the challenge which goes live today, over at Stuck?! Sketches.


Both Heartfelt Creations and A2Z Scraplets are sponsoring us at Stuck?! Sketches this month, you should definitely play along for your chance to win!



Scrap our Stash is posting this "Book Inspired" Stash Challenge. They are challenging us to find inspiration from the book cover and also want us to add 2 + hearts to our pages.



I found inspiration from the colours in the book cover; as well as the animal (moose) inspired me to scrapbook about an animal.  I printed out three photos of our dog, from a few years back when he was a pup - they are just perfect!  But don't tell our pup that he is an animal - he thinks he is a people!  This challenge runs until the end of the month and is a great opportunity to use up some of your stash and get creative with this book cover!  You could also consider combining the Stuck?! Sketches and the Scrap our Stash challenge for more fun! 

I am also linking up this page to The Studio, who is having a patterned paper background challenge.

Supply List:  Leows water colour paints; DecoArt white paint; stamps from Impression Obsession, Lawn Fawn, Teresa Collins and Imaginisce; Memento Tuxedo black ink; CTMH Star Spangled blue ink; Copic markers (R22, R27, R29, R46); Sharpie fine tip in black; American Crafts Precision Pen in brown; Mr. Huey's black mist; Dear Lizzy date stamp; Bo Bunny patterned paper; Tim Holtz rub-ons; stickers from Fancy Pants Designs, Bo Bunny, Echo Park, Carta Bella, Jillibean Soup; Adorn it; and Simple Stories; Heidi Swapp word sticker; Evalicious flair, wood veneer and PL card; Studio Calico wood veneer stars; misc. clip and googly eyes.

Thanks so much for visiting!

8 comments:

  1. I love your layout,it's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, Laura! So many gorgeous, little details, and such a fabulous sketch! Congrats on your Guest DT gig, too! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jinny, and thanks for being and inspiration to me!

      Delete
  3. I so love this Laura!! WHat an amazing page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My! What a super cute page Laura, just such adorable photo's and amazing attention to detail. Thanks for sharing your patterned background layout with us at The Studio Challenges. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally awesome! All the colors are striking with the black stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!