Monday, February 01, 2016

Pirates for a Day | Imaginisce Sketch Challenge

There is a sketch challenge happening over on the  Imaginisce  blog today, I created the sketch and a page to share!  Here is my sketch:


I created a page to hopefully inspired some of my readers to play along, I had the cutest photos of my son and his kindergarten bestie, taken while both families were vacationing in Disney together, that I was itching to use with this collection and I think that they are just perfect for this page!


I stuck pretty close to the sketch, but did add an additional embellishment cluster at the top left.  I just couldn't resist!


This cluster at the top of the page was created by making a small banner out of stickers that I stitched on and then I pop dotted a large die cut piece over top.  I love this die cut it is just so pretty!


I layered my title over a fun die cut shape, that tucked nicely beneath the semi circle that was cut into my patterned paper.  The skull and cross- bones were stamped with Memento ink and coloured with a few grey Copics to give it some shadowing.  I am not usually one for the twirly thread look, mostly because I can't seem to make it look as nice as other scrappers do, but it worked on this page.

These little white circular puffy stickers are meant to be loose pearls, of the pirate treasure variety, however I am enjoying using them sort of like one would use an enamel dot.


I stitched the scalloped patterned paper into place to add a bit more texture.  I also added a bit of straight line doodling.


For the cluster towards the bottom of my page I layered stickers, some with and some without pop dots, and die cuts along with a fussy cut tag and a fun anchor shaped charm.

I just love the fun look of this page, and I really enjoyed mixing the feminine and masculine elements from the Par-r-rty Me Hearty collection, which helped me coordinate my page to the photos!

I hope you consider playing along, use the sketch and the colour red or pink, you have until the end of the month to join in!  Thank you for visiting today! (And thanks to my friend for letting me post these sweet pics of our kidlets!).

Supply List: Imaginisce Par-r-rty Me Hearty patterned papers, stickers, puffy stickers, die cuts, charms, stamp and Thickers; Staedtler pen; Memento black ink; Copic Markers(C00, C1, C3); misc. thread.

 

2 comments:

  1. Great sketch and I love your take on it Laura! Such a fun page. Awesome colours!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!