Monday, February 15, 2016

Read to me | Stuck?! Sketches

It's reveal day over at Stuck?! Sketches and I have both a layout and sketch to share today!  First up, here is the sketch that I created.


For my page, I stuck pretty close to the sketch to document a photo of my youngest doing his after school reading.  Our (then little) pup takes every opportunity to snuggle so reading time is a big bonus for him!


I typically begin my pages by creating the focal area, separate from my base.  This allows me to determine where exactly it will sit on my page.  Then I can add any mixed media I like to the background, in this case just a sprinkling of opaque white Mr. Huey's.



As always I have fun layering up embellishments, which included stash busting some super old rubons from Making Memories and Pink Paislee.


Speaking of rubons,  I may have mentioned this before, but this is my favourite way to use these Tim Holtz rubons!  Funny how that little bit of text peeking out can make me so happy!


A little journaling to wrap things up.   (I have purchased a few Signo Uniball white pens over the years, and they have just never worked properly.  I couldn't figure out what all the hype was about.  I decided to give it one more try and ordered a new one and guess what it works like a dream!  Odd eh?)

I hope you decide to join us for the challenge, we have two fabulous prizes to give away from these sponsors!

http://www.lindystampgang.com/

http://www.shopscrapmuch.ca/catalog/

Supply List: Echo Park patterned paper, ephemera and chipboard; Recollections cardstock; Echo Park and My Mind's Eye Brads; Echo Park, Simple Stories, Bo Bunny, Bella Blvd and Fancy Pants  stickers; Tim Holtz, Making Memories and Pink Paislee rubons; Evalicious PL card; Crate paper cork; white Mr. Huey's; white Signo Uniball pen; DMC floss.

Thanks for visiting! 

3 comments:

  1. Give it time. You'll hate that white gel pen, too. Trust me. I gave up long ago, but then, I happened upon Sakura's Gelly Roll glitter pen. I've had it for years and years and years, and it still works so well, that I did a little hunting for a white one. Low and behold, Archivers sells one! Woohoo! LOVE! And it hasn't dried out in nearly three years of ownership and never leaves dry lines.

    All that said ;), love your page! Such a great theme and mix of elements, and what a cute pup! Oh, and that sketch... Delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have the glitter Gelly Roller too I will be on the look out for a white one!

      Delete
  2. I love this layout! The raw cardboard, cork and twine are great "tough" embellies for a masculine page.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!