Monday, February 15, 2016

Snow Fun | Scrap Our Stash GDT


I am guesting over at Scrap our Stash this month.  Today I am sharing my contribution for their second challenge.

The challenge is two part, first a sketch and secondly a product / stash busting sort of portion where you choose one item from each section of the list.


I enjoyed working with the sketch, it was a good one with lots of possibilities!    I picked up this Simple Stories collection called  "Snow Fun" last winter knowing it was perfect for my boys.  Mostly because my youngest had a green winter coat!  That is how us scrappers work, right?


I stuck really close to the sketch, but opting to use small square cut-aparts from one of the patterned papers instead of  the suggested four small photos.  I did appreciate that the sketch did suggest smaller photos as my pictures did not turn out well from this event and printing them on a smaller scale helped to disguise their lousy quality. 


I layered in several of the Simple Stories stickers where possible adding pop dots behind some of them.


I also used some ephemera from Echo Park and enamel dots from YNS.


I moved my title (which was created from a combination of alphas and a sticker) up slightly so that I could add journaling to my page.


I ran the edges o all of my papers through white paint, and then traced / doodled around them with a black Sharpie.


For the stash portion of the challenge, I used a DEAR LIZZY date stamp, ECHO PARK EPHEMERA, and an Evalicious FLAIR.

Supply List: Simple Stories patterned papers and stickers; white and black Mr. Huey's mist; DecoArt white paint; black fine tip Sharpie;  Evalicious flair; Echo Park ephemera; Your Next Stamp enamel dots; Dear Lizzy date stamp; Memento black ink.

Thanks so much for visiting today, I hope you join in the challenges at Scrap our Stash
you have until the 28th to play along.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, love! What a beautiful page! Really in love with all the blues and greens on that woodgrain background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this collection and what you did with it! Amazing page Laura!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!