Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Sweet Baby Boy | Baby Card and Gift

I have a little baby card  and gift to share today.  I made this card to give to a sweet friend that had a darling baby boy last month.


I had fun filling the rattle with little wood veneer hearts, sequins and dew drops.


The card shape is a Silhouette Studio cut file that I purchased from their store a while back, just for the sheer cuteness of it!  So nice of my friend to have a baby so I could play with this file! ha!


  Less exciting is the little tag that I designed.


I also crocheted this blanket for the babe, it's my thing for new babies.  I picked him up a little toy, too.  Because boys need toys!


This blanket is made from chunky cotton / acrylic yarn.  I do not like to work with acrylic only yarn it feels gross.  Plus the addition of the cotton helps the blankets last a long time. (Just ask this little guys big brother!)  The acrylic makes it easier to launder, it is a win win I guess.

Card Supply List:   Lawn Fawn patterned paper; Recollections cardstock; Hemptique button twine; Robin's Nest dew drops; Studio Calico wood hearts; American Crafts and Teresa Collins sequins; misc. button and ribbon.

Thanks so much for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!