Friday, February 19, 2016

Welcome Little One | Baby Card and Gift

I have a new baby card to share today, created for a friend that had a baby boy this month!


The little whale is a Silhouette Studio cut file which I designed the rest of the card around.


I used the Silhouette to "write" the sentiment and then coloured inside the outlined letters with a Copic marker to fill it in.


I also crocheted this blanket for the little one, I hope he likes to snuggle with it :)


This blanket is made from a fine cotton / acrylic yarn.  I do not like to work with acrylic only yarn it feels icky to me.  Plus the addition of the cotton helps the blankets last a long time. The acrylic makes it easier to launder, it is a win win I guess.

Card Supply List:  Lawn Fawn patterned papers; Recollection cardstock; Hemptique button twine; Copic marker BG72; misc. button and googly eye.

Thanks for visiting! 

2 comments:

  1. I adore your card!! and wow, that blanket ... awesome! Where do you find the time?!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!