Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Amy Tangerine Better Together | ScrapMuch?

Today I am sharing my monthly reveal for ScrapMuch?, I had so much fun creating with this paper pad from Amy Tangerine called Better Together, and super adorable embroidered tags from the Finders Keepers collection!   I also learned a fun lesson!  Even though I thought that these papers were a little outside my comfort zone and possibly not something that I may normally choose to play with - I so loved working with them and what I created!  Go figure!  I guess you really need to just go for it once in a while and expand your shopping horizons!  Like that is hard, lol!! 



on an ADVENTURE


This collection seemed perfect for just about anything, I created my first page to document my family leaving for a cruise.  I used two patterned papers for my base, almost dividing the page in half, then adding in a bit of the top pattern to the bottom border.


I did  a lot of fussy cutting for this page, but since the patterns are sort of like water colour paintings I didn't worry too much about being overly careful about my cutting and kept things really quick and loose.



As well as fussy cutting all of the flowers, I fussy cut this little yellow camera.


And a couple of arrows, which received a water colour paint job, they started out black and white.

Supply List:  Amy Tangerine Better Together paper pad; Amy Tangerine Finders Keepers Embroidered tags; American Crafts cardstock; Leows water colour paints; red and yellow Mr. Huey's; Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Gelatos; Staedtler pen; CTMH button twine; misc. buttons.

believe in yourself

The blues. teals and greens in the collection pad called to me, so I pulled out this photo of my youngest taken this past fall on the first day of school.  He not only started middle school, but in a new town and thus a new school - after being homeschooled for two years.  He had such a great attitude about the year ahead!


I typically start my pages by creating the focal area, layering photos and papers until I get a good idea of where I am heading, but not adhering them to the actual base page.  Then I will take a step back and add mixed media to the background, if I am using any.   On this page, I mixed a chunk of a teal Gelatos with some Ranger Texture Paste and then used a find distressed grid stencil.  I really love the way it turned out!


After die cutting a title and adding journaling, I embellished with a fussy cut typewriter and some brads and a clip from my stash.



Supply List:  Amy Tangerine Better Together paper pad; American Crafts cardstock; Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Gelatos; Ranger Texture Paste; TCW mask (mini sketch grid); Sharpie; Staedtler pen; My Mind's Eye brads; Maya Road clip.

love is a mixtape

It happens every time, one page gets away from me.  I start with a plan, usually drawn out and with really great intentions.  But that one page always has a mind of its own and evolves to something very different than my jumping off point!


This collection has a great patterned paper full of cassettes tapes in the prettiest of colours.  That was the inspiration for the cut file that I created as well as the title.  And then things sort of spiraled out of control form there, and I spent a couple of hours trying to reign things back in! lol!  And although I was drawn to and love the paper with the mini cassette tapes on it, it never really made it to the page.





Regardless, a fun and vibrant page happened so I suppose all is good!

Supply List:  Amy Tangerine Better Together paper pad; American Crafts cardstock; CTMH Ink; Gelatos; Sharpie; Maya Road clip; misc. buttons.

let's choose HAPPINESS


I couldn't resist creating a couple of cards with these sweet embroidered tags.  This first one sports a slightly more masculine colour scheme.

Supply List:  Amy Tangerine Better Together paper pad; Amy Tangerine Finders Keepers Embroidered tags; American Crafts cardstock; CTMH ink; Doodlebug bakers twine; misc. button.

LIFE is better with you


This next card is a little more feminine.

Supply List:  Amy Tangerine Better Together paper pad; Amy Tangerine Finders Keepers Embroidered tags; American Crafts cardstock; CTMH ink; My Mind's Eye bakers twine; misc. button.

I look forward to creating more pages using these great papers!

Thanks for visiting today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!