Tuesday, March 01, 2016

hello happiness | Stuck?! Sketches

I have a new sketch and layout to share today for the brand new challenge over at Stuck?! Sketches!   First, here is a look at the sketch.


And this is my take on it, I played with some Simple Stories goodies from the Life in Color collection!


I am so loving the colours in this collection. And I really think loving what you are using helps to create layouts that you love, too!  I began my page by creating the focal area, separate from the background.  Once I had it mostly assembled, I worked on adding water colours to my background.  Once the background was dry I stitched it to the teal base paper and ruffled up the edges of the white background a bit.  Then the fun happens!  Embellishing!


There are just so many fun elements to layer and cluster.


The clear stickers tuck in nicely everywhere!


Oh and a little bit of Tim Holtz rubons, in my very favourite way to use them!

Supply List: from the Simple Stories Life in Color Collection - 5028 Chipboard Stickers,  5027 Bradz, 5036 Clips, 5031 Enamel Dots, 5041 Wood Veneer, 5038 chipboard Frames, 5029 Bits and Pieces (die cuts), 5033 Clear Stickers, 5000 Life in Color collection pack.  from the Carpe Diem Collection - 6631 Enamel Dots

Other Supplies; Leows watercolour paints; Mr Huey's black mist; Tim Holtz rubons; Doodlebug twine; misc. thread.

So glad you visited toady and I hope to see you play along with us at  Stuck?! Sketches

2 comments:

  1. Your layout is beautiful Laura! I love all the bright cheery colourfulness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours are awesome on here Laura!! Fabulous page!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!