Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Varadero | Imaginisce Sketch Challenge

It's time for another sketch challenge over at the Imaginisce blog today!  I am sharing another one of my sketches, have a look.


We are also challenging you to add the colour green to your creations (any kind of project is allowed) as well as some sort of textural element like fibres, chipboard or buttons, etc. I can't wait to see your projects!

I also created a sample, again playing with the Par-r-rty Me Hearty collection!  I keep finding new themes for this collection and I am so loving that.  Versatility is something that I look for in a collection, it is always nice to get more bang for your buck!  This page documents my youngest sons first trip to the ocean, he was a huge fan!


I sprinkled green elements throughout my page, and used chipboard alphas and machine stitching as my textural elements for the challenge.

I began by layering up my photo with some of the patterns and cut aparts.  Once that was done, I was able to lay it onto my base page to get an idea where I wanted to add in my mixed media.


I used two masks and two colours of distress ink on the background.  Once that was done I added in a bit of machine stitching.  As luck would have it I had this teal thread in my machine already ;).


Next I added my Thickers title and journaling.



After that the fun part starts, the embellishing!  Layering stickers, die cuts, puffy stickers, and charms  is so fun, they have such great dimension.


I also coloured up an Imaginisce mermaid tail stamped image to add to one of my embellishment clusters.  I love the way it looks tucked in there!

Supply List: Imaginisce Par-r-rty Me Hearty patterned papers, stickers, puffy stickers, die cuts, charms, stamp and Thickers;  American Crafts cardstock and bakers twine; Tim Holtz masks and distress ink; Signo Uniball, Sharpie and Staedtler pens; Memento black ink; Copic Markers (YG93,  YG95).

Thanks so much for visiting today and I hope you consider playing along at Imaginisce.

4 comments:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!