Friday, April 01, 2016

Hello Summer | Imaginisce

I am sharing a new sketch over on the Imaginisce blog today, have a look.


Some of the team members created inspiration layouts, this is my page...


I flipped the sketch horizontally, to suit the orientation of my photo but otherwise stuck pretty close to it.  I played with the Sunny collection, the colours are so fun and vibrant and it is just perfect for documenting summer memories!

I used some blue cardstock to frame my layout, photo and to die cut the word "hello" to pull in some of the dark blue from the patterned papers and my son's swim suit.


I just love this little crab die cut, it makes me smile. I layered it up with some phrase stickers, another die cut and some buttons from my stash. This is my youngest son in this photo, the picture was taken when he was three.  He did this funny crab walk thing in the pool and told us he was "swimming"!


These 3 dimensional stickers are amazing and layer so nicely with the other elements for the collection.


I used a die cut word and this 3x4 cut apart card (cut down to 3x3) to create my title.


For the suggested circular element, I added some hand-stitching in two colours.


One thing I love about Imaginisce papers is the car code strip, every sheet has a solid side to this strip with additional pattern or text. I left this strip on the pattern that sits behind my photo on this layout, because it was so perfect and added another element to my page.


Journaling is not suggested in my sketch, but I am making a point of adding it to my pages, just the same.  I also added some soft teal Mr. Huey's mist splotches, I do not own any pink mist but wanted to add some pink to my page so I spattered on some water coloured paints instead.

Imaginisce Supply List: Sunny collection patterned papers, dimensional stickers, die cuts, phrase stickers.

Other supplies:  American Crafts cardstock in white and navy; We R Memory Keepers floss; Hemptique button twine; Mr. Huey's mist; Leow's water colour paints; CTMH ink; Staedtler pen; misc. buttons.

Thank you so much for visiting with me today!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your sketch with us. I used it for a non-Imaginisce page here:
    http://amandas-scrapbook-pages.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/pentre-farm.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!