Friday, April 01, 2016

Saving for your Dreams | Stuck?! Sketches

It is time for a new challenge over at Stuck?! Sketches and that means I have a new page and sketch to share today!

Here is the sketch for this challenge:


And this is my take on it:


I began my layout by adding a few pieces of Echo Park papers beneath my photos, and then I used a water brush to add in some yellow and blue water colour paints behind my focal area, in a somewhat loose colour block fashion.


Then I had some fun nestling in some tags, stickers, clips, flair, and ephemera to the left and right of my photos.



I used some Simple Stories alpha stickers (which I machine stitched through) as well as the Fancy Pants puffy word sticker to create my title. I also hand wrote my journalling below my title.


At the bottom of my layout I layered several more embellishments, as suggested on the sketch, and once again used my water brush to add in some yellow and blue water colour paints around these elements


Once I was finished fussing with my page, I covered my photos and added in a sprinkling of black Mr. Huey's.

Stuck?! Sketches has two fabulous sponsors for this challenge, by playing along you could win one of the following prizes!

ScrapMuch is offering a $20.00 gift certificate towards project kits (shipping not inclusive) to one lucky winner!

Die Cuts with a View is offering a free paper stack to a second lucky participant!

Supply List: American Crafts cardstock; Echo Park patterned papers and stickers; Evalicious flair and puffy stickers; Studio Calico cork embellishments; Fancy Pants Script Words Puffy Stickers; Leows water colour paints; Amy Tangerine tag; Doodlebug bakers twine; Mr. Huey's black mist; Simple Stories alphas stickers; Heidi Swapp wood veneer; Crate Paper chipboard and painted wood veneer ephemera; Jillibean Soup Ephemera

Thanks for visiting today, I hope you join us in the challenge! 

1 comment:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!