Monday, May 23, 2016

Memorial Day Decor | Imaginisce

I am up on the Imaginisce blog today sharing a fun craft in honour of Memorial Day.  Actually, in Canada where I am, we celebrate Memorial Day in conjunction with Canada Day on July 1st.  But I am all too happy to get a jump start on the celebrations!  Well sort of, Canada Day is also my birthday and this year a big one - so I am not overly anxious for that! *wink, wink*  Anyway, let me share my project with you.

I decided to create a banner to show my Memorial Day / Canada Day spirit!  I am hoping to be able to use it at a party, hint hint to my family! Ha!


The Imaginisce DT was lucky enough to receive a Banner Punch board by We R Memory Keepers, courtesy of our joint mother company, American Crafts.    I finally had an opportunity to open mine up and boy all I can say is "what took me so long?"!  I think you all know how much of  a Silhouette Cameo fan I am and I have used the software to create banners on numerous occasions but this punch board tool is even easier and quicker than the Silhouette!!  And that my friends is a big deal!

I had the punch board opened up and 9 banner pieces cut out in minutes!  You can find a video tutorial here, but you won't need it ha!


I used papers and embellishments from the Par-r-rty Me Hearty collection because of the great red colour in the papers both in this subtle pattern and the pretty red and white stripe.


This black pattern is the B side of the red and white striped paper and these little pieces shown here were off cuts from these striped banner pieces,  I flipped them over and they made the perfect adornment to the top of my banner. Which meant that I had little to no waste.


I did use my Silhouette to die cut a couple of red Maple Leafs to embellish some of my banner pieces.  I made them large enough to spread over two pieces after cutting them in half. I love the look!


I cut one red banner piece to add a sentiment to the centre of my banner.  The alphas are from the Thicker set that coordinates with the Par-r-rty Me Hearty collection, too.


I didn't have quite enough of some of the letters in white, as I needed multiple "a's" and a couple of some other letters, so I grabbed some white craft paint and got busy painting out the letters that I needed.



I also painted the white letters that I was using, I knew the paint would add texture to the teal coloured letters and I wanted all of the alphas to match.  The paint went on quick and easy and dried really fast.


There is a pretty blue paper in this collection too, so US friends you could easily swap out the red leaves for blue stars to create your own Memorial Day banner!


I adorned the two outer corners with puffy gems in red and white, also from the Par-r-rty Me Hearty collection!  The most challenging thing about this project was photographing it, because of its length.

Supply List; Imaginisce Par-r-rty Me Hearty patterned papers, puffy stickers and Thickers; We R Memory Keepers Banner Punch Board; DecorArt white paint; Red Heart crochet thread.

Thanks so much for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!