Sunday, May 15, 2016

Staycation | Stuck?! Sketches

I am sharing a new sketch and layout today for Stuck?! Sketches! I hope you can join in on the challenge, here is the sketch...


And this is my take on it, I had so much fun using the You Are Here collection from Simple Stories! I so love the colours which were just perfect for this iPhone pic my husband snapped while he was out on the lake one evening.


Given that we live in a tiny little lakeside community on this pretty lake now, it is unlikely that we will be taking many vacations but you won't find us complaining when we have a permanent Staycation!  Although maid service and prepared meals would be lovely! He he!

I decided to keep my background clean this time, not sure why it just felt like that is what it was asking for.


Along with pretty papers, this collection has great embellishments, too!  From wood veneer to ephemera, Bradz, stickers and enamel dots; Simple Stories always has a great selection!  And I adore layering them all up!


While we do not have tropical flowers in my area, I couldn't resist these colours and so they were added to my page.


I created this cut file on my Silhouette, as the sketch suggests some sort of background die cut - of course it is always open for interpretation!


We have two fabulous sponsors, both


and


are offering prizes for this challenge! 

Thanks so much for visiting today, now go check out what the rest of the team created here!

5 comments:

  1. Came here today because Mari Clarke made a LO inspired by one of your scketches. Loved your blog and work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that background colour! Such a pretty page Laura!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!