Monday, May 02, 2016

Surf's Up Sketch Challenge Layout | Imaginisce

There is a new sketch challenge up on the Imaginisce blog today.  I created this sketch for the challenge:  We would also like to see you use ribbon or twine on your project.


And this is my take on it, using the Sunny collection:


I usually take the camera on the boat with us, and snap hundreds of pictures just to get a few good ones.  These photos taken at the tail end of last summer are just perfect for today's sketch!

As you can see, I turned the sketch to better suit my photos. I also added an extra layer to my background, but otherwise I stuck pretty close to the sketch.


I built some fun and vibrant layers, combining colours and patterns to coordinate with my photos.  I punched this text strip of paper to reflect the scalloped piece in the sketch.  I also added stitching for easy texture.


I backed this acrylic piece with white cardstock to use as my title, the tag pieces were hand cut from the cut apart sheet.


Fun summery embellishments from the ephemera pack and Thickers  (from the Par- r - rty Me Hearty Collection) to document the date add detail to the lower left corner of my page.


The puffy fish and black gem on this page are also from the Par- r - rty Me Hearty Collection.  They work well and I really wanted to pull in some black on this page.


As a last step I added a bit of Ranger texture paste that I tinted with a soft teal Mr. Huey's to mimic splashes of water, or at least that was the goal anyway!.

Supply List: Imaginisce Sunny Collection patterned paper and ephemera; Imaginisce Par-r-rty Me Heart Collection stickers, Thickers and puffy stickers; American Crafts cardstock; Ranger Texture Paste; Mr. Huey’s mist.

Hope you play along with us!  Have a fabulous day and thanks for visiting! 

4 comments:

  1. Ohh!! So fun!! Love the bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketch and I am loving your take on it Laura!! What a bright and fabulous page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura stunning page - love the red / yellow combo - screams sunny fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sketches. I used this one here: http://amandas-scrapbook-pages.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/jfk-memorial.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!