Sunday, May 01, 2016

Weekend Adventures | Stuck?! Sketches

It seems it is either fest or famine on this old blog lately.  I have had lots to share today and have one more now!  I am hoping to post creative stuff a little more regularly in the coming months.  In the meantime, I have a sketch and layout to share for the newest challenge over at Stuck?! Sketches!


I do have to apologize for this sketch being so similar to the one that I created for Imaginisce this month.  I created them at separate times and didn't reference what I had already made up thus far this year.  Oh well, there are some slight variations and I guess it is what it is, lesson learned - check my files first!

Here is my take on this sketch.


We were so fortunate to have so many beautiful places to hike within a short drive of our last home, in the city, spending time together enjoying nature is a family favourite, and these two love a good stream!

I began my page by adding clear Gesso to the background and then adding in some green mist via the packaging technique.


Next I added the corner patterned papers and did some machine stitching for fun texture.


I added several layers of pattered papers behind my photo and then began tucking in stickers, tags ephemera and wood veneer pieces here and there.


I used this great Heidi Swapp wood piece that I had in my stash and have been anxious to use up for my title.  It is coloured with a Copic marker and paired with some small alphas stickers.


I love adding rub-ons to my pages, and this one by Kaisercraft is no exception.  I love it even more nestled in with some other fun elements.


My last steps were journaling and a sprinkling of teal Mr. Huey's mist.

We have two fabulous sponsors this month so be sure to play along!

http://shopscrapmuch.blogspot.com/

www.wycinanka.net

Supply Lists: Simple Stories patterned paper and stickers; Kaisercraft rubons; American Crafts Clip; My Mind's Eye button; Hemptique twine; Heidi Swapp wood veneer; Mr. Huey's mist; B21 Copic marker; Jillibean Soup stickers ad ephemera; Art Alternatives clear Gesso; Versacolor charcoal ink; Sharpie felt tip marker; Staedtler pen.

Thanks for checking back in today!

2 comments:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!