Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Baby Mini Album | Little Yellow Bicycle

I have a sweet little mini album to share today, that I created as a shower gift for a friend's daughter  and her daughter's fiance who are having their first baby.

The shower invite asked nicely with a sweet little poem for children's books to be sent in lieu of cards.  Suggesting that the givers still sign and add a greeting to the inside of the books.  I couldn't resist combining one of my favourite baby books "I love you through and through" with a mini album for a custom book that she could keep forever!


I had a few different styles of mini albums in my stash to choose from, I liked this one as it stands up and can act ask a photo display / room decor piece.


I had this pretty collection from Little Yellow Bicycle to play with, loving it's soft greens and pinks (with accents of orange and blue) for a little girl.


 I used a cut file from the Silhouette store to make a sequin flower to adorn the cover.


I created a print and cut tag, adapting the book title to say "we" instead of "I", and also added in a die cut of the baby's name above the tag.



I created pages for most of the phrases in the story, focusing on the ones that really pertained to babies.


I created print and cut tags to tell the story.


I added a combination of die cut, fussy cut and packaged embellishments throughout the book.



I also, did a bit of stitching on each page for some fun texture.


I inked each of the photo mats too, to help them pop.


Oh I am so in love with this little bottle cut file that I created. I have had this little pinwheel charm forever, I bought dozens to use on party favours for Timothy's adoption party and had a few leftover that ended up in my scrappy stash. I love that pinwheels are symbolic of moving forward in life.


I tried to mix up the layout of the pages and the sizes and shapes of the photos to keep things interesting.




This little mason jar is another file from the Silhouette store, I layered vellum behind the heart cut outs.


And then I signed it, so to speak.  I felt funny about doing this but I wanted to be sure to included the name of the author of the book.

Supply List: Little Yellow Bicycle patterned paper; Hemptique buttons twine; American Crafts Vellum and rosette; Studio Calico Wood Veneer; Recollection wood veneer, resin flower and cardstock; Martha Stewart and Bazzill flower; CTMH wood and ink; misc. beads, gems, flowers, buttons, charms and mini doily.

Thanks for visiting!


1 comment:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!