Monday, June 06, 2016

DAD | Imaginisce | Free Digital Cut File

Hi scrappy friends!  I am up on the Imaginisce blog today and we are celebrating Dads this week!  I have a fun layout and free cut file to share with you all!

I used some fun papers and embellishments that had a masculine feel and great colours for my photo from the Par-r-rty Me Hearty collection to create this layout, which documents what a great dad my husband is.


I created a cut file to feature as the focal area of my layout, I wanted to use a couple of larger pieces of patterned paper and my photo to fill in the centres of the letters.  Putting this piece together was the first step in my creative process.  I am kind of loving how it turned out! 


Next I focused on adding some style to the top of my layout, tearing my cardstock background so that I could add a couple of more pieces of patterned paper and a fun tag, that was fussy cut from the Par-R-Rty patterned paper.


Then I layered my "DAD" onto my background but I did not adhere it down at this point.  I wanted to be able to lift it so that I could work on adding some mixed media to the background.

I used a variety of water colour paints in greens and some muddy yellows and blended them out to achieve a mottled green-ish base for my focal area.  Then I added some splatters of Mr. Huey's mist around my page.

After I adhere the focal area down, I trace around it with a brown Sharpie to help it pop.


I kept my embellishing to a minimum adding only two small clusters around my die cut.



As a last step I added one more narrow strip of patterned paper to pull some colour to the bottom of my layout, and then stuck in a little sticker label.


As promised here is the free digital cut file that I created.  Click on the image to be taken to my download page.

https://app.box.com/s/i4931yalwgub9z5sjdn2tqy9l38n3oen

Supply List:  Par-r-rty Me Hearty patterned papers, stickers and puffy stickers; American Crafts Cardstock; Leows water colour paints; Hemptique button twine and bakers twine; Mr. Huey's mist; Sharpie fine tip felt pen; Staedtler felt tip pen; misc. buttons.

Thanks so much for visiting today!

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome masculine layout! Love that cut file.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing layout Laura! Thanks for the cut file! I am going to try it out right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout. I love the simplicity of it. Thanks for the interesting file.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!