Thursday, June 16, 2016

Father's Day Card take 2 | Long Sentiment

I have a second Father's Day card to share today, I really intended to have fun with this card as I was super excited to create it.  But it was one of those days when none of my ideas came together in reality as well as they did in my head, and I have user error with my trimmer and could not cut a straight line to save my life!

Anyway, even though it took  ona different direction, I am pretty pleased with the way that it turned out.

I was inspired by this quote that came across my Pinterest feed.


Although I modified it slightly to suit my own purposes.


I matted everything in black to help it pop off of my mixed media background, created with the packaging technique and some Mr. Huey's.


I created this custom silhouette cut file of my son and his girlfriend's little boy, by altering the contrast on a photograph and tracing it in my Silhouette software.  So fun!  I can't wait until he sees it!

I wanted the sentiment to be the main focal point of this card so I kept everything else pretty minimal.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!