Monday, June 20, 2016

Imagine | Just for Fun

I had some free time to play last week, I wanted to play along with a couple of challenges but then I thought I should make better use of my time and do some DT layouts for July.  I have a busy month in July so working ahead is a good call.  But then I squeezed out a couple of hours another night, and by squeezed out I mean I stayed up until 1 in the morning 3 nights in a row! HA!  I have finally managed to photograph my layout so that I can share it with you! 


I have been loving making colourful layouts lately, but used this opportunity to do something a little different, and I love the way it turned out.  I used a sketch from The Studio Challenges, I stuck to it pretty closely except for two things, first I shrunk the centre focal area just a bit as I am loving using smaller photos right now, and secondly I added an extra bit of paper along the bottom to fill in a bit of the extra white space that I created by shrinking my focal area.


More than Words challenge site requested the use of the word "Imagine" which I used in my title, and for us to "Get Messy".  I did this by added Distress Inks and drops of mist on my background.


I found some great cork elements in my stash and I love the texture they offer.  I also used these hexagon chipboard elements which I coloured with  Copic markers to tie them in to my page.  You may know by now that I love using Tim Holtz rub ons as a background element, I just adore the way it looks
.

I searched the net for a quote / phrase with the word "imagine" in it that spoke to me.  Then I found this photo of my son walking into the lake with one of our dogs. It seemed just a little dreamy and perfect for the quote.


I added stitching in a few spots, because I love the texture it adds and how it seems to fill in someting that is missing.

Here are the links to the challenges I am joining in on, in case you want to play, too!

More than Words Challenge Imagine and Get Messy http://morethanwordschallenge.blogspot.ca/2016/06/june-2016-main-challenge-imagine-get.html

The Studio Challenges sketch http://thestudiochallenges.blogspot.ca/2016/06/5th-june-sketch.html

Clique Kits anything goes challenge https://cliquekits.wordpress.com/2016/06/04/clique-kits-june-challenge-2/

Supply List:  Simple Stories patterned paper and enamel dots; American Crafts cardstock and clip; Tim Holtz distress inks and rub ons; Mr. Huey's mist; Copic Markers; Steadtler pen; Sharpie;  Freckled Fawn cork elements; Creative Embellishments chipboard; Fancy Pants puffy word sticker; Teresa Collins label stickers; Hemptique button twine; misc buttons.

Thanks for visiting!

19 comments:

  1. Love the clean simplicity of this Laura, it is soooo eye catching. Fab work & thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love everything about this layout, just stunning! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Studio Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely details Laura! I just used the last of my freckled fawn globe corks as well! Thanks so much for linking up with us at CK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colours and techniques. Awesome layout. Thank you for joining us at The Studio Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Laura! I love your style! Thank you for getting messy with us this month at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. Love the little details. Thanks for playing along with CK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!!
    love that amazing layout!!
    fab composition!
    thanks for playing with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it! :) Thank you for playing along with Clique Kits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fabulous layout! I love the layering and the bits of journaling here and there. Thank you so much for playing along with the Clique Kits challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your layout is so gorgeous Laura! I love everything about it! Thanks for joining us at Clique Kits!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous page. Love how you interpreted that sketch, and the details you add. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great layout! Love the composition and those yummy layers! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful layout!!! <3
    Thank you for playing along with Clique Kits!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome page thanks for playing along with CK too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful-the colors, the design...everything!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the colors you chose, they are eye-catching! Thank you for playing with us at More than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Laura, this is simply gorgeous! So serene and full of life! Love that bright white background, and the cork elements are perfectly scrumptious! Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the little details, super nice page! thanks for playing along with clique kits!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!