Friday, June 24, 2016

Sharing Your Joy | Tag

I have a little tag to share with you today,  I created it to adorn a baby gift that I made a while back.  I chose hot pink striped wrapping paper for my gift and wanted to make a tag that coordinated with it.  I also wanted to get super messy!


So I pulled out all of my hot pink stuff, which not surprisingly was very limited. But I did have one flower, a wood butterfly and some bling as well as some distress ink.


I began by applying Gesso to my die cut tag, then added some Distress Ink using the packaging technique.  Once that was dry, I stamped the entire tag with a music sheet background stamp.


Finally, I layered on some texture paste using a heart mask from Clear Scraps.


After that it was just a matter of layering on some flowers, bling and the butterfly.  I didn't have a suitable baby stamp but this sentiment from Your Next Stamp worked out quite well!


I also did not have any hot pink ribbon, but loved the look of this soft pink tulle wrapped around the package.  I coloured white satin ribbon with pink Distress Ink by running the ink pad over my ribbon until it was a consistent colour (2-3 times).  I let the ribbon dry over night and then heat set it with my iron. Boy did it ever look pretty!


All in all I loved the way it turned out!

Supply List: America Crafts and misc. cardstock; Market Street background Stamp; Evalicious banner stamp; Your Next Stamp sentiment stamp; Prima and misc flowers; Recollections painted wood butterfly; Kaisercraft and misc bling; Tim Holtz Distress ink sin pink and grey; Versacolor ink in brown; Tim Holtz texture paste; Bazzill leaves; Clear Scraps stencil; Art Alternative clear Gesso; misc ribbon and tulle

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!