Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Splash! | Imaginisce

I am up on the Imaginisce   blog today, sharing a summery layout!


I must admit that as I was creating this page, it really felt like nothing special and made me question my own sketch, until I put the finishing touches on, like the embellishments and the mixed media on the background.  They really are what brought it to life, although I do not know why I was surprised as that is what typically happens! ha!



These photos were taken 4 summers ago and they are of my youngest and middle sons, who are over 11 years apart in age.  I have always loved watching them play together.

I used a combination of the Sunny collection and the Par-r-rty Me Hearty collection on this page, they blend together so nicely!  I pulled the navy, pink and orange-yellow paper from the Par-r-rty Me Hearty paper pack as well as the shell and gem stickers.


The ephemera, polka dot paper, phrase stickers and strips behind the photo are from the Sunny collection.


These phrase stickers are perfect for journaling prompts or as part of your journalling.


We are also asking you to include some sort of stitching (machine, hand or faux) on your project when you enter it into the challenge.  I did a few small bits of machine stitching - mostly because I didn't remember until my page was complete ;)


When my page was complete I went back in and added some lime green water colour paint behind my focal area as well as some green and blue paint splatters around my page.


Supply List:  Imaginisce Sunny collection ephemera, polka dot paper, phrase stickers;  Par-r-rty Me Hearty patterned paper and stickers; Leows water colour paints; American Crafts cardstock; Staedtler fine tip felt pen; Tm Holtz Tiny Attacher.

I will be back later on to share layout and a sketch with you!  Thanks for visiting!  

1 comment:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!