Friday, June 03, 2016

Stamped Mail-able Card | Birthday

A sweet friend had a birthday last week and I wanted to send her a card.  I needed it to be somewhat flat so that it would go through the mail easily, so I knew doing some stamping was my best bet.  It also gave me the opportunity to christen the Misti Mini that I picked up in April at Scrapfest!


I started with a piece of Copic X-press It blending cardstock that measures 4" x 5.5" and used the Tim Holtz Spritzer tool and a Tim Holtz wood grain stencil to add colour to the background, coordinating it with the cardstock that I wanted to use for my card base.


From there I used the Misti Mini to add my stamping, I loved it so much!  Lining up stamps, even clear stamps, is a huge challenge for me with my limited eye sight.  And black ink doesn't really stamp solid black unless you stamp it several times.  The Misti made this super easy to do!


Once all of my stamping was complete, I added some sprinkles of Tattered Angels Glimmermist in "Dragonfly" and a few sequins.  Sequins are pretty flat so they should go through the mail with no problem.

I sandwiched some fun foam between the card base and the front panel to give it a slight bit of dimension.  It is not really thick and because it is soft, it doesn't affect the mail-ability of the card.

Before I go, I will share a little tip about the Misti - don't stick the magnets together unless you have great nails, they are strong! Yes, I learned the hard way!

Supply List: Misti Mini; Recollections cardstock; Copic X-press It blending cardstock; Tim Holtz Spritzer tool and wood grained stencil; Copic marker BG13; CTMH "Treasured Life" stamp; MFT "Polka Dot Greetings" sentiment stamp; CTMH black ink; Tattered Angels Glimmermist in "Dragonfly"; misc. sequins and fun foam.

I am linking up to the following challenges:
Addicted to Stamps - anything goes
Crafting by Design - Anything Goes 
Creative Moments - anything goes
Inspiration Destination - anything goes
Simon Says Stamps - mask it
Stamping Royalty - flowers


Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty mix of elements, Laura, love the partial woodgrain background! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday "Mask It!" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Laura
    I love that stamp in Black
    the woodgrain in teal and your design so CAS and perfect placement to all
    CAS Perfection and an elegant card
    I adore this!!
    many thanks for joining us at ATSM this week
    hugs
    Monika (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty CAS creation!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card. So clean and simple, yet stunning. Thank you for joining us at Crafting By Designs. Good Luck!

    Emma - Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!