Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Enjoy the Ride | Evalicious

I have a "just for fun" layout to share today!  And a confession!

A few weeks back my husband suggested giving up my craft room so that we could use it as a second guest room.  He also thought that if I crafted in the family room I would be less isolated and that we could all be together doing what we each wanted to do.  I admit, I was skeptical for a few reasons:  I am not a tidy crafter (I know some of you can relate) and lighting is so important to me because I am visually impaired, and he loves to watch tv in the dark.  But the not being isolated part really did appeal to me!

I chose some new pieces of furniture from IKEA to create a space along the one wall of our family room, planning for a couple of lighting styles and places to stash all my goodies as well as any works in progress should I feel the need to totally clean up.  Thankfully the space is not visible from the front door, which would stress me out, if I was being messy.

I will share my space once it is totally complete, but I will tell you this.  I love it and I am crafting way more often!  My youngest son, Timmy and I like to watch movies at night and I am crafting while we do that, it is working out perfectly.  Guilt free crafting is the best kind!

So in light of all of that I thought I would share a "just for fun" layout that I created with some new Evalicious goodies, that I ordered.  Some of the elements that I chose are marketed for planners, but I love that they are great for scrapbooking, too.  After all, putting your deets down onto pretty things is always a win!


I am still working on a vacation album from several years ago, can you believe it? These photos were taken of my boys posing on a train in Havana.


I created a few layers using patterned paper, vellum and a die cut to mount my photos on top of. I like the variety of textures and how the vellum softens things up.


I really wanted to use this large(ish) car die cut it is just so cute!  Eve has had had fabulous die cuts, and wood veneer, not to mention puffy stickers and flair for a while. But the epoxy stickers and washi stickers are newer for her shop and I am loving them!  The "wanderlust" piece in this photo, as well as the heart in the photo below are epoxy stickers. Swoon!

I like spreading out my journaling, date and location on a variety of label stickers, it creates a fun flow.


I painted some of the wood veneer pieces on this layout with water color paints to coordinate with the patterned papers and ephemera. And speaking of ephemera, how much do you love that floral piece with the pop of red!


The heart and circle elements on this close up shot are both epoxy pieces and you can see a bit of a text print washi tape sticker behind them.


I added a bit more pattern along with some stitching to the bottom of my page to help balance my layout.

Supply List: Evalicious "On Our Way" travel die cuts, planner washi stickersplanner label stickers; epoxy stickers, wood veneer V1, wood veneer V2, puffy stickers V2;  Amy Tangerine "Plus One" patterned papers; Leow's water colour paints; Staedtler fine tip felt pen; misc. vellum; American Crafts cardstock.

Thanks for visiting today!

5 comments:

  1. Several years ago I moved my scrappy space into our family room. Sometimes the mess drives me nuts too (as I cannot for the life of me keep it clean and organized) but I find I sit down there way more often. I like that we're all together in the same room doing our own things! Looking forward to seeing pics of how you put your space together!

    Love this page you created! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Traey, now I am even more positive that tit is the right choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to hear that your move to shared scrappy space has turned out so well. And I just love your page. It's fresh and fun with those pops of black in among the brights and all the embellishments tucked about strategically. ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun, Laura! Can't wait to see it! And your page is fabulous! Love those pops of red, and your layering is absolutely delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layers, colors and the vellum pieces you created!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!