Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Enjoyin' All the Good Stuff | DCWV


A little while ago I was sent two gorgeous paper stacks by Megan at DCWV , they have been sitting on my desk waiting to be opened up and played with ever since! Yesterday while I was poking around Facebook I saw that DCWV posted their July sketch challenge, I have been meaning to play along with their monthly challenge for a while now so last night I got my scrappy butt into gear and created a page with the water colour stack. It is a really pretty and tropical feeling collection with great pops of gold.


I loved the sketch, great for two photos of course but I wanted to feature one of the cut apart cards from the stack to use as my title so I put that in place of the second suggested photo. As you can see, I flipped the sketch to better suit by picture.


I wanted to use a few different patterned papers so on top of the suggested paper pieces in the sketch,  I matted my background onto a patterned paper, and tucked a few pieces behind my photo layer, as well.


I started my page with white cardstock, to which I added water color paints and Distress Crayon using the packaging technique.  Once my page was complete I also flicked on some pink water colour paint to show off some of the pinks form the papers.


The sketch suggests a cluster of small embellishments below the photo.  I pulled out several little embellishments from my stash.  Honestly, I didn't love the way it looked it kind of seemed too busy and after leaving it over night, I ran downstairs and added more to it.  Because more is always the answer for too busy! lol!


I also had this pineapple flair in my stash from Accent Scrapboooking which is so perfect for this collection and my page!  How lucky that I place an order form them a couple of weeks ago!

I am also linking up the the July "This or That" challenge on Rochelle Spears blog, I used a clip (or 2).

Supply List: DCWV patterned paper and envelope; American Crafts cardstock; Accent Scrapbooking and Evalicious flair; Heidi Swapp chipboard; CTMH and Jillibean Soup wood veneer flowers; misc. tissue paper and flowers; Freckled Fawn clips and brads; Michaels and Doodlebug enamel dots; Leows water colour paints; Tim Holtz Distress Crayons; Staedtler black pen.

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Love the background.. it makes your photo pop off the page! :) I have a similar photo of my nephew.. I need to scrap lift this one! ;) Thanks for playing along with the This or That Challenge/Scrappy Friends! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!