Friday, July 01, 2016

Hello 50 | Stuck?! Sketches

Happy Canada Day friends!

Today is also my 50th birthday, wow, that feels so old!  I am totally struggling with this one!  I am 99 years older than Canada - a country - wow!  Despite living in many places, countries etc. and being born in Germany, on a Canadian Military base, I have always been a proud Canadian and happy to share my birthdays {when I have celebrated them that is ;) }.

Today, because it is time for a new challenge over at Stuck?! Sketches, I thought I would create a layout about myself and about turning 50.

Let me start you off first with a peek at my new sketch...


It is just a little girly, but of course that is just a suggestion.  I was excited to add extra photos and take advantage of the suggested frames on the left side.  But once I decided on my theme, that idea sort of got pushed aside, as you will notice.  I also turned the sketch counter-clockwise to suit my needs.


I played with some of the Carpe Diem collection from Simple Stories, that was leftover from my DT kit. I totally embraced layers and flowers on this one. I snapped this photo back in January actually, on a day that I decided to start a weight loss journey as I had gained a lot of weight when we moved and my husband had to start living out of town during the week. I am an emotional eater, not a good when you miss your people! Anyway, I digress, it is a little hard to tell in this photo, but I added some super soft peachy pink water colour paint to my background.


You know I love layering up embellies, so I had fun doing that on opposite corners of my photo.


I had some fun layering in some of the birthday themed elements from this collection along with some of the more everyday elements.  I am so loving the "meh!" word bubble!


As I mentioned I was excited to incorporate the suggested frames in my layout but in the end I opted for a banner to represent the three shapes.

I hope you consider playing along with us, we have two fabulous sponsors giving away prizes, and you do not want to miss out on your chance to win!


http://www.wycinanka.net/

http://www.dcwv.com/

Thanks so much for visiting today!

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Laura!!! Cannot believe you are 50! Age is only a number, right?!?! Love your gorgeous page!! Beautiful work!

    Oh, and Happy Canada Day too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE love love your page and all your layers!
    HaPpY BIRTHday Laura!!! Embrace it, you're amazing and DON'T compare yourself to a country LoL
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout! Love this collection for girly pages. Happy Birthday, Laura! I will be there with you in just a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome page!! I love how colorful it is and I just love all the clusters!! and (once again) a very happy birthday!! I know exactly how you feel about turning 50 :( lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Laura...a fabulous chapter of life! Amazing layout and photo...well done...love the layering!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty, Laura! What a beautiful palette, and I just love your mix of chipboard and die-cut elements!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 50th birthday!! Hope it was a good one. LOVE this page of you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!