Friday, July 15, 2016

Sweet Moments | Stuck?! Sketches

Woo hoo!  It is time for a new challenge over at Stuck?! Sketches and I have a layout and the inspiration sketch to share with you today!

First a look at the sketch, as you can see it suggests three photos but of course you can mix things up with little cut apart cards or whatever you like.


I decided to go with three photos, to help document taking our puppy for a walk for the first time.  She could not make it around our whole loop and ended up riding in the wagon for most of the trip!



I also made the entire focal area slightly smaller than the sketch suggests, I really like the "white" space that this created.


I often add a reference to stitching to my sketches, mostly because I love to use it on my pages.  I also love to see how others interpret it onto their pages.


I combined two types of puffy stickers for my title, I really love mixing a script with a non script font!


I distressed the edges of some of my papers ever so slightly and added a bit more stitching.


Other than a few small embellishments around my title I kept the embellishments on this page fairly simple and confined to two small clusters. I like how simple and clean the page looks with it's minimal layers and tidy embellishments clusters.  I know I often use many more but some times it is fun to change things up!


We have two fabulous sponsors for this challenge at Stuck?! Sketches, Creative Embellishments is offering a $25.00 gift certificate to their store


and DCWV is offering a free paper stack to another winner.


Supply List: Echo Park patterned paper, chipboard and stickers; Heidi Swapp chipboard; Copic marker; Mr Huey's white mist; DMC floss; Freckled Fawn and misc. wood veneer; Making Memories and Tim Holtz rub-ons; Evalicious and misc. flair (I believe I picked up the dog flair at a booth at CHA several years ago but cannot remember which one); Simple Stories enamel dots; Fancy Pants and Evalicious puffy alphas; Dear Lizzy date stamp; Staedtler felt tip pen; misc. corrugated hearts.

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. I am just loving your take on the sketch Laura!! The colours are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!