Thursday, August 04, 2016

August Kit Reveal and Storage | Noel Mignon

HI friends!  In case you missed it I thought I would share the Noel Mignon August "Vintage Charm: kit contents with you and how I store my own kit.

First up, here is a look at the kit...


It includes..... 5 American Crafts Cardstock: (Robin's Egg, White, Rosebud, Cricket, Honey) We R Memory Keepers Honey I'm Home (Neighborhood, Family Time, Lights Out, Moments, Love and Laughter) Simple Stories Bloom and Grow (Let it Grow, Bee Happy, Chin Up Buttercup), Jen Hadfield Homemade (Gold Wood), Maggie Holmes Bloom (Flutter, Elsie, Blossom, Delightful, Blissful.  EMBELLISHMENTS:  1 package American Crafts "Happy" gold glitter Thickers, 1 sheet Pretty Little Studio garland cut apart sheet, 1 Heidi Swapp "Make Something Pretty" polka dot stencil, 1 package (2 sheets) We R Memory Keepers accent stickers and alphas, 1 package Heidi Swapp turquoise glitter alpha stickers, 1 package Pink Fresh Studio "Life Noted" epoxy stickers, 1 package Simple Stories bradz, 1 package Jillibean Soup wood veneer words, 1 package Queen & Co. blue glitter striped dots, 1 package (15 yards) The Twinery gold glitter twine, 1 package Prima label stamps, 1 roll Jen Hadfield gold glitter scalloped tape, 3 Pretty Little Studio paper frames, 3 Pretty Little Studio die cut animals, 2 Jen Hadfield gold glitter tags, 2 Freckled Fawn arrow clips, 2 Maggie Holmes crepe paper embellishments, 2 Pretty Little Studio flair buttons, 2 Prima crocheted flowers, 3 We R Memory Keepers printed wood pieces, 1 bottle Heidi Swapp "gold" color shine spray.

If you would like a closer look, fellow DT member Jana Eubank created an unboxing video, you can check it out here.

Here is a look at how I am storing my monthly kits...


I had a purple Iris box in my closet that wasn't being used, so it was the perfect starting point for the kit.  Then I paired it with an Iris craft tray organizer I ordered from Amazon.ca (you can find it here for Canadian customers and here for US customers).


I love that it is super easy to customize the sizes of the sections, this will come in handy as I change it up for each month's kit.


I began organizing by cutting up the cut-a-parts in the kit.  The few minutes it took when I sorted my kit, will save me time when I am in a creative groove.


Then I layered up cardstock, patterned paper and larger sticker and alpha sheets in the bottom of my Iris bin, so that I could see each item.


Next I created sections for each type of embellishment that came in the kit.  Most of them I took out of the packaging to make creating even easier.  I did save the packages thought, in case I have any leftovers.  I will stick them back into the packages and store them with other like items in my craft desk drawers.


The tray fits perfectly into my Iris bin and the whole thing stores in my craft cupboard ready for me to pull out and create!

I have already created three layouts and loved the ease of this system, I am able to find what I want to use quickly and keep it super organized, too.

Be sure to check out the Noel Mignon blog daily, the DT always has an amazing reveal!  Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!