Friday, August 12, 2016

Happy Mower | Simple Stories

Last week I shared a page that I created with the Simple Stories Bloom & Grow collection, and today I have another one to share with you.  I left my goodies on my desk when I was finished creating my last page so when I had a bit more time to create a few days later it just seemed like a great idea to pick up where I left off!

My husband recently picked up a ride on lawn tractor at a garage sale and our youngest son is enjoying learning to use it. So he is the subject of today's layout.


I am almost out of patterned paper for this collection, but I didn't let that stop me.  I cut down some scraps to create a variety of sized strips and layered them along the left side of my page.  I didn't worry about whether they were uniform width or if the lengths formed any sort of repeating pattern - which is huge for me!  I just had fun layering and then stitched down the centre for some added texture.

I balanced this with some larger strips down the right side of my page, and added some stitching there too.


I love the little gnomes in this collection so I definitely wanted to create a little cluster beside my photo using one of these cuties.


The other cluster, on the opposite side of my photo, is quite a bit simpler than I have been doing lately and I love how it looks!


My title is a mixture of alpha stickers and a word sticker that I layered on to a label fussy cut from a cut-a-part and embellished with toadstools and flowers.

Usually I use only one colour of enamel dot on my layouts but I didn't have enough left of any one colour to adorn the entire page, so I used a variety of colours and really love how they look.  I will definitely have to do this more often!

Simple Stories Supply List:
7132 4x6 Stickers 
7127 Bradz

Other Supplies: Doodlebug bakers twine, Staedtler felt tip pen and Mr. Huey's mist

Thanks so much for visiting! 

1 comment:

  1. Loving all the strips! This looks awesome Laura!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!