Monday, August 01, 2016

Hello Summer | Stuck?! Sketches

And just like that July is finished and a new month begins!  August first means a brand new sketch at Stuck?! Sketches and a fabulous Design Team reveal!

Here is a look at the sketch that I created for today's reveal.


As you can see, it suggests a very central focal area and a bit of mixed media, but of course you should interpret it to suit your style.


I was in the mood for vibrant colours when I created this page and so I pulled out some older Simple Stories goodies.  I so love this colour combination! It is just perfect for my fun summery pics.


Sometimes I like to challenge myself to use up elements in a collection that I seemed to have picked over.  This large word bubble is just such a piece.  I like it, but struggled with how to use it so it sat there unused, until now that is!


If you have been visiting me for a while you  know that I love multi font titles.  I had a package of Freckled Fawn wood letters for a little while and forget to use them.  I am so glad that I found them again in my stash.  I added an ombre effect to them with water colour paints.


Mixing embellishments from several manufactures is so fun and you are guaranteed to get lots of great texture!

I hope you join in on the fun at Stuck?! this month we have 2 fantastic sponsors for this challenge!  Both Scrapmatts and Scrapbook Circle are generously donating prizes!  Pop on over to Stuck?! Sketches for all of the detials.

Supply List:  Simple Stories patterned paper, stickers, enamel dots and chipboard elements; Freckled Fawn wood veneer alphas, acetate stars and wood male; Evalicious puffy stickers, flair and wood veneer. Leow water colour paint; misc button; Hemptique button twine.

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love this!! Incredible page Laura!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!