Thursday, September 01, 2016

Happy & Beautiful Us | Stuck?! Sketches

Hello friends!

For the month of September Stuck?! Sketches  is celebrating our community (YOU), the joy we all share over the craft of scrapbooking, and the inspiration we gain from each other month after month.

We have so much fun planned for the month, beginning with today's launch of a brand new sketch challenge!


I had a lot of fun creating my layout using the sketch and even tried to create a process video but it was out of focus! Boo!

One of  our sponsors, Accent Scrapbooking, sent our team some beautiful flair to play with and I incorporated three pieces onto my page!


I snapped this selfie of a friend's daughter and myself while we were at a spa getting pedicures and celebrating her 13th birthday, it was such a fun day!

I added texture to my background using Ranger texture paste tinted with two colours of Mr. Huey's mist and applied it through a Crafter's Workshop stencil.


I loved using soft pinks and teals from the Fancy Pants "Happy Place" collection and then adding pops of black around my page with enamel dots, felt tip pen outlines and Tim Holtz and Bazzill Basics rub-ons!


I embossed this pretty butterfly from ScrapFx with Zing embossing powder, which had been sitting in my stash waiting for the right layout! The camera was fussy cut from a Dear Lizzy stickers and the flair was sent to me from our sponsor Accent Scrapbooking!


I normally would never use the word beautiful to describe myself, nor do I often put hearts on a layout about myself, but this girl is beautiful and I love her!  Plus I really wanted to use up some of these Fancy Pants and Heidi Swapp puffy word stickers.

Here is a reminder of the sketch.


Don't forget we are having a month long celebration covering both of our sketch challenges plus some other fun events so be sure to check in on the Stuck?! Sketches blog often!


You can link up your layout by September 29th at midnight EST to be eligible for a prize, see the Stuck?! Sketches site for more details.

Supply List:  Fancy Place "Happy Place" patterned paper; Fancy Pants doily; Dear Lizzy Accent and Phrase stickers; Amy Tangerine ephemera; Jillibean Soup label stickers; ScrapFx chipboard butterfly; Eyelet Outlet enamel dots; Accent Scrapbooking flair; Versamark Watermark stamp pad; Zing embossing powder; Ranger texture paste; Mr. Huey's Heirloom Blue and Estate Green mist; TCW stencil; Fancy Pants and Heidi Swapp puffy word stickers; Tim Holtz and Bazzill rub-ons.

Thanks so much for visiting today!

1 comment:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!