Wednesday, September 07, 2016

I Love You Today & Everyday | Simple Stories | Process Video and Free Cut File

Hey there!

Late last night an idea hit me after I saw Kristine's sketch for Creative Scrappers, with the fun circle element in the centre.  I really liked the offset centre of the circle and decided to try to create a "string art" circle cut file with an offset centre.  I think it turned out great and so I was even more inspired to play along with the sketch!


I pulled out some leftover "Life in Color" by Simple Stories goodies.  I really didn't have much patterned paper left, so this page was perfect to use up most of it.  I started my page by adding some clear Gesso to the background and then once that was dry, I used the packaging technique to add some blue water colour paint, then I added in splotches of yellow and teal water colour paint with a wet paint brush.

You can see that I altered the location of the photo, and I got a little carried away with the embellishing but, the sketch is still apparent in my layout.


I used some of the cut apart cards to fill in the design of my cut file, I liked that the patterns were a slightly smaller scale on some of them which suited my small scale openings better. I also kept some of the openings empty, I really like this look!


I opted to use a few stickers where the sketch suggested journalling  as I wanted to add my journaling near my title in a smaller space.


The title really doesn't "match" the subject of my layout, which is about finding nice places to go for walks on summer evenings. However, I thought it would be fun to cut apart the sticker that reads "I love you everyday" and add in the "today &".


I added an extra embellishment cluster over my photo for no other reason than I was enjoying the process!


I used a combination of chipboard, clear stickers, cardstock stickers, wood accents, enamel dots, bradz and fussy cut elements to adorn my page.


As I mentioned, I did get a little carried away with the process, actually I was really struggling with it which is why I shut off the camera while I was filming, and then I got into a groove and had some fun.  I totally love how this page turned out!  Once all of my embellishing was done I added in some sprinkles of green Smooch Spritz mist. Then I trimmed down my white cardstock, mounted my layout onto patterned paper and added in some machine stitching.

Here is a look at Kristine's sketch for you:


I have a little process video, up to the embellishing part anyway.  I would love for you to have a look.


Or you an view it on my YouTube channel here.

Oh and here is my cut file in case you want it.

https://app.box.com/s/ia8jsakbmvldlew4iqoxdn8zz1103ngx
As always, click on the image above to be taken to my download page.

Supply List: Simple Stories Life in Color Collection - 5028 Chipboard Stickers,  5027 Bradz, 5031 Enamel Dots, 5041 Wood Veneer, 5029 Bits and Pieces (die cuts), 5033 Clear Stickers, 5000 Life in Color collection pack. Leows watercolour paints; Smooch Spritz green mist; Hemptique twine; Staedtler pen; American Crafts and Staples cardstock; misc. thread.

Enjoy and thanks for visiting!

12 comments:

  1. Love your fun and colorful page Laura!
    Thanks for sharing your cut file! I am hoping to play along with the sketch soon and your cut file will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this! What a cool and colorful layout! Thanks for playing with us at Creative Scrappers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Laura,this is gorgeous!!! So many beautiful embellishments! Loving all the details in this layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This page is amazing! I enjoyed your video too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura,
    Thought I would share my layout using your cut file: http://lisasscrappyhideaway.blogspot.com/2016/09/creative-scrappers-sketch.html

    Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just love this to bits and pieces, Laura! So many great patterns and design elements, colors and stitching! Just beautiful, and thanks so much for the download. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this Laura! Superb cutfile and such lovely colors. So glad you played along with us at Creative Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!