Saturday, September 17, 2016

Sweet Girl | Noel Mignon

Hello and happy Saturday!

I am up on the Noel Mignon Scrapbooking Kits blog today sharing a layout using the September 2016 Buttons and Bows Classic Kit, this week the design team is showcasing projects using buttons and bows, handy right?

I have to tell you that I am having so much fun with this kit, getting my "girlie" on!  If you are new here you may not know that I am a mom of all boys, including a grandson, so I am really embracing this feminine kit!

I created this page of my friend's granddaughter and I cannot wait to share it with her!


I opted to do a grid design for my layout, bu decided on a grid of hearts opposed to squares or circles.  I knew that I wanted to put my title and photo in opposite corners, so after cutting nine hearts out of my background paper, I cut 2 open scalloped hearts to frame these two focal areas.


Once I was finished embellishing my layout, I hand-stitched a gold flourish as an extra accent.


These Fancy Pants Millie and June alphas could not be any sweeter, and I know that I have mentioned how much I love these little hangers!


I backed my layout with another patterned paper, and then filled in my remaining cut out hearts.  Three of them I filled with doilies cut with my Silhouette using the white cardstock from the kit.  Then I embellished them with Fancy Pants bows.  The kit actually only contained two bows of this size, so I trimmed a third one down using a smaller one as a template. I love how sweet they look!


The four remaining hearts were filled with soft green cardstock hearts that I ran through my Cuttlebug with an embossing folder.


I used the eyelet trim to create a frilly collar for this flair piece. Isn't it the cutest! I added a couple of stickers, buttons and a sprinkling of gems to finis off my page.

I created another process video for this layout, you can check it out below or here on my You-Tube channel!


Supply List: Pink Paislee patterned paper and buttons; American Craft cardstock in white and geyser; Fancy Pants Millie and June paper bows, puffy alphas, die cuts and flair; Simple Stories Posh epoxy clips and stickers;  Queen and Co. bling; May Arts ribbon; Maya Road hanger clips.  (From my stash: DMC metallic gold thread; Lifestyle embossing folder)

Thank you so much for visiting today!

4 comments:

  1. WHat an absolutely sweet page!! Loving the colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey, it sure was fun to work with some purple and frills!

      Delete
  2. The hearts get me every time! This page is spectacular! I know what you mean!- all boys here too except my little niece- rips fun to do girlie pages!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!