Sunday, September 25, 2016

Ticket to Ride | Stuck?! Sketches

Hello!

I am sharing my latest layout for Stuck?! Sketches today, we are teaming up with Just Nick who provided some of the DT with fabulous cut files to play with, myself included!


If you popped by here on the 15th you may have already seen the sketch that we are playing with.  Here is another look at it.


I chose the following cut files, from the Just Nick shop, to add as design elements to my page.


I seriously love the alpha and funky pie charts.  Actually the pie charts sort of reminded me of wheels so I thought they were perfect for this layout of my son riding our neighbour's quad.  The two photos in the background I snapped while he was riding, the one of his face in the foreground, is a selfie that I found on his phone.  It is not great quality, there is lots of glare and reflection, but I loved finding it and really wanted to use it.


I had a lot of fun creating this messy boy-ish page with these great cut files, that I choose to cut from black cardstock and back with a variety of Simple Stories patterned papers.


I used the pie chart cut files in place of the suggested painted circular elements on my page and I really love how they look. The file folder was just too fun, so I used it as a layering piece.


This alpha cut file is the best!  I paired it with some tiny alpha stickers to create my title.


I also added in some flair from Accent Scrapbooking, in two spots on my page.


I started my page by adding some Gelato to the background. I used rub-ons from Making Memories and Tim Holtz, which both have a rustic and distressed feel to them so they are just perfect for my page.


I also found some Crate Paper embellishments in my stash from their Boys Rule collection, which worked perfectly on my layout.


I got a little old school with some brads and used them as I would use enamel dots.


And finished things off with some black mist splatters and tiny sequin stars also from Crate Paper.


I created another process video for this layout, you can check it out below or here on my You-Tube channel!


Supply List:  Simple Stories patterned papers; Gelato; Gesso; Mr. Huey mist; misc brads;  Accent Scrapbooking flair; Tim Holtz and Making Memories rub-ons; Crate Paper wood elements, acrylic frame and sequins; Authentique alpha stickers; Teresa Collins label stickers; Staedtler pen.

Thanks for visiting! 

4 comments:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!