Friday, October 28, 2016

Happy Haunting | Simple Stories

Hello friends!

I have been having a little fun getting ready for Halloween which is just around the corner and catching up on some Halloween scrapbooking, too!  Of course, the Happy Haunting mini collection from Simple Stories is just perfect for that! 

 

This layout features a "spookier" photo, of my youngest son hanging out in the "graveyard" that he and my husband created in the front yard of our previous home on Halloween night.  Because he was 11 in this photo and feeling like a big kid, I challenged myself to make a layout that wasn't overly cute for him.

I started by using the reverse side of the ombre paper, which has a fabulous wood-grain and is super realistic looking!   I also used one of the cut apart cards as my title, because I do not do a lot of pocket albums, I love to use these cards in other creative ways.


I hand- stitched on a spiderweb which adds great texture. After that I layered many strips of patterned papers vertically on my page, adding some foam behind a few of them.


I pulled in cardstock stickers to accentuate my page and that spoke to a more grown up look. I also added in enamel dots from the You are Here collection. I finished off this layout with sprinkles of black and white mist.


Look at that wood-grain,  it is so realistic! Swoon!  I have so loved working with this collection and feel another couple of pages are in my near future!

I have created a process video for this layout, you can check it out below or here on my You-Tube channel!


Supply List:
4655 Happy Haunting Trick or Treat
4656 Happy Haunting 3x4 & 4x6 Journaling Card Elements
6231 You Are Here Enamel Dots

Thanks so much for visiting today!  I will be sharing a cute layout on Monday using this very same collection, so I hope you check back for that!

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is absoultley gorgeous and fun!!!! That stitched spider web is so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!