Monday, October 31, 2016

Hello Pumpkin | Simple Stories

Hi there!

Today I am sharing the second page that I created for Simple Stories  using the Happy Haunting mini collection!

This time I took a 'sweeter" approach to my page which features a photo of my grandson, taken a couple of years ago since he was a wee little guy at the time.


I love this orange ombre paper in the kit and knew immediately that I would want to use it for a background, it is awesome that you get two sheets of it because the other side is a gorgeous wood-grained paper that I love just as much!

I started my page by die cutting a super simple pumpkin outline and then cut a few strips of patterned papers, since I love layers and "white" space I chose to create a page that has both of these things.


I pulled in a few left over elements from other Simple Stories collections like this phrase die cut from the Hello Fall collection, the silver foiled clear sticker from the Life in Color collection and the small alphas and and bradz from the Carpe Diem Scrapbooking collection!


I think this cardstock banner sticker from the Happy Haunting collection is the perfect way to add some sweetness to my layout!  I added a bit of foam behind it to give it a little pop!  Actually the sticker sheet for this collection has so many icons that are just perfect for creating several Halloween inspired pages! I also added in some machine stitching with black thread for a bit of fun texture.


The silver foiled star stickers are also from the Life in Color collection, and the enamel dots were left over from the I Am collection.  Once my layout was finished I added a bit of white mist.  I am in love with the way this page turned out and cannot wait to pop it into his album!

I have created a process video for this layout, you can check it out below or here on my You-Tube channel!


Supply List:
4655 Happy Haunting Trick or Treat
4656 Happy Haunting 3x4 & 4x6 Journaling Card Elements
4652 Hello Fall 6x12 Sticker
6627 Carpe Diem Bradz
5033 Life In Color Clear Stickers
4531 I AM Enamel Dots

Thanks so much for visiting today!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute and vibrant page. Love the pumpkin cut out xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!