Saturday, October 01, 2016

My Kind of Crazy | Stuck?! Sketches

Hi there!  It is reveal day over at Stuck?! Sketches so of course that means I have both a layout and a sketch to share today!


I am at a crop today with friends and knowing that this event was coming up inspired me to scrapbook about these ladies.  I used some photos of us goofing around, that were taken a couple of years back at a retreat we were at.


The sketch suggests two focal areas for photos, but of course you could use one area for journalling or even some memorabilia, I had several photos from this day (not all were goofy) so of course I wanted to use a couple of them.  Even though these photos are in colour, the only real colour in them is the water in the background and the teal in my friends sweater which left me with loads of colour options for collections to play with - pretty much anything with teal would work! I have been working through some Simple Stories design team left overs and thought that the Carpe Diem collection would be just perfect for this layout.  Especially since I really only have scraps as far as the papers were concerned. The two larger pieces of papers come from another/older collection and an add on pack.  However I still had quite a few embellishments which meant I had no problem embellishing two focal areas!


I added some Gesso to my background so that I could add a bit of colour via paints to the text background paper.


I used a fine tip Sharpie to add some doodling around some of my page elements to help them pop.


I saw this quote on Pinterest that read "Life is all about finding people that are your kind of crazy"  it spoke to me and inspired my title and journaling!


The clouds that act as layers behind both of my photos were hand drawn and fussy cut from a variety of pattern papers, pretty much any excuse to add pattern to my layout I will abuse! ha!

We have two great sponsors for this challenge!


Supply List: Simple Stories patterned papers from Color Vibes bold, Vintage Bliss, Carpe Diem; Simple Stories Carpe Diem bradz, enamel dots, cardstock stickers, die cuts, chipboard; Art Alternatives clear Gesso; Leow water colour paints.

Thank you so much for visiting today! I hope you join in on the fun over at Stuck?! Sketches!

4 comments:

  1. I just love the bright colors and the doodling is a perfect touch of bold! This layout is so vibrant and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-fun photos, and that is a great quote! (I may have to borrow that!) Love how you've embellished this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! What a striking page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous sketch and LOVE the page you created!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!