Saturday, October 15, 2016

Winter Puddles | Stuck?! Sketches

Hi there! It is mid month and that means I have a new sketch and layout to share for Stuck?! Sketches!

First up let me share the sketch.


I had fun with this sketch, and creating it.  I read on the blog of one of our past participants, that she dislikes sketches with circles and she doesn't like to work with circles, so I thought it would be great to use another shape to reinforce how versatile sketches really are.


I created this page that features our grandson splish-splashing in puddles last winter.  He was so cute, and loved it so much.  I think he thought he was being cheeky but we were all super entertained watching him and it was well worth a little laundry!

Back at the beginning of the month, I attended a crop and prior to going, I printed out some sketches, photos and built myself a stash kit. This is one of the layouts created with that kit.  I began creating my kit with an Echo Park winter themed patterned paper in teal, green and navy and went from there.  You can read more about how I built my stash kit and how you can build one too in this post, if you wish.

Anyway, I digress (as usual), Since I went with a fairly bold patterned paper for my background, I kept other patterns to a minimal - just a few little banner shapes, a tag and simple small layers behind my four photos.


The snowflakes and the word "puddles" were cut on my Silhouette, the snowflake is a Silhouette store file.


These glittery alphas are so old, which is why they had to be a part of my stash kit! Or maybe I should call it a de-stash kit.


The little words "run", "leap", "play" and "laugh" are from a rub-on by Kaisercraft that I have probably had almost as long as I have been scrapping, so even though it is just a start to this sheet it was nice to use some of it!


When I got home from the crop, I added some Smooch Spritz and messy stitching to this layout to finish it off.

Supply List; Smooch Spritz in "Ice Rink", Simple Stories "snow fun" patterned papers; Heidi Swapp "Christmas Marquee love" patterned paper; American Crafts cardstock; Martha Stewart twine; Lawn Fawn wooden snowflakes; Crate Paper acetate frame; Studio Calico patterned paper; Evalicious flair and clip; Kaisercraft rub-ons; K & Co. glitter words; misc washi; Freckled Fawn epoxy sticker.

You should really consider playing along at Stuck?! Sketches, we have two fabulous sponsors offering prizes for this challenge!



Thanks so much for visiting today, I hope you pop on over to Stuck?! Sketches! to see what the DT has created!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!