Saturday, November 26, 2016

Autumn Traditions | Noel Mignon

Hello there!

It's Saturday today which means it is my turn today to share a layout over on the Noel Mignon Scrapbooking Kits blog!  This week the DT members are creating projects about traditions. Our family doesn't have much in the way of Thanksgiving traditions, other than to enjoy a nice meal together.  So I opted to document one of our Fall traditions,  which is to find fun places to go for walks to absorb all of the colours of Autumn.


I had fun making this page, although parts of it got away form me (or my original vision) and other parts were a bit of a struggle.  But that is all part of the journey, right?

After layering up the three patterns that make up my background, I applied Gesso to my page to fade out some of the pattern and make it easier for me to add some paint and mist.


I laid down a base of teal water-colour paints using both a brush and the packaging technique. Once that was looking how I had hoped, I went in with some green, teal, and brick coloured mists and added some splatters to pull the colours from my photo.

Then I used the mask from the kit and gold texture paste from my stash to add  leaves onto my background.  I was going for a "blowing leaves" sort of look, although I am not quite sure I got there.


After my background was complete, I layered my photo onto patterned papers and worked on a main embellishment cluster.  I used a combination of die cut leaves and elements from the kit to adorn the right side of my photo.


My title combines chipboard and alphas stickers, just the way I like it!


I create another smaller cluster on the top left side of my page, I love the way this pulls the colours from the other cluster over here.

I an sharing another process video today, you can watch the video for this layout below or here on my You-Tube channel!


Supply List for the kit:  Simple Stories  Warm & Cozy patterned paper; Pebbles Woodland patterned paper; Jen Hadfield Sprigs patterned paper; Carta Bella Family Gathering and Fall Forest patterned papers; American craft cardstock; Jen Hadfield rub-ons; Pretty Little Studio Oakley Avenue alphas stickers, vellum sticker tape and flair; Maya Road wood buttons; Prima Felt Leaves; Tim Holtz Distress marker; Echo Park brads; Carta Bella Crisp Autumn stencil;. (from my stash:  Sargent Gesso; green and teal Mr. Huey's; Brick Glimmermist; Leow's water colour paints; Heidi Swapp gold texture paste and Color Shine).

Thanks so much for visiting today!

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous mix of prints and even more delicious layers, Laura! Love this perfectly festive design to bits and pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!