Thursday, November 17, 2016

Love Happily Ever After | Wedding Card

Hey there!  My husband and I attended a beautiful wedding this past Saturday, it was a lovely event and it has been such a long time since we have attended one!

Of course, I had to create a card for the special couple!  At first I thought I should use their wedding colours, but I was inspired by wedding gowns to create someting white and clean.


I started by die cutting the front panel of my card with a scalloped edge and a heart shaped cut out.  Then I layered that over my card base sandwiching some foam in the middle to create a sort of shadow box frame.  I stuck with a white on white colour scheme for a classic look.

I shopped my stash for small white and silver (white metal) embellishments,.  This included buttons, enamel dots, gems, pearls and bubbles.

I filled in the heart outline with all of these goodies.   I just love the way it looks!  Since we hand delivered this card, I was not worried about it being bulky.


I did not have a great wedding stamp, so I combined two to create this sentiment.  Then I finished off my card with a pretty bow.

Supply List: Copic Express-it Blending paper; misc. ribbons, buttons and heart shaped gems; Michael's white enamel dots; Your Next Stamp glittery silver enamel dots; Queen & Co. clear bubbles; Zva creations pearls; Memento Tuxedo black ink; CTMH "classmate" alpha stamp and "card commentary" stamp.

Thanks so much for visiting!


3 comments:

  1. I just had to pop over from facebook to take a closer look at this beauty. Lovely, lovely work and a wonderfully elegant way to use of those buttons in the stash. Gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Laura this card is so beautiful. Unique and one of a kind x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!