Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Pretty and Posh | Stuck?! Sketches

Hello!  Can you believe it is mid November already?  This month is flying by and I do not even want to know how many more weekends until Christmas, I am just dabbling at the gift buying as of yet!  I may need to get my game face on in that department soon! Ha!

I have a new sketch and layout to share today for a brand new sketch challenge over at Stuck?! Sketches!


This is my take on it, I had fun using some of the Simple Stories Posh collection!


These photos are of my middle son (Jon) and his fiance (Christina) and little Dylan, taken this past Valentine's Day just prior to them going out for a lovely dinner together.  Since this photo was taken they have gotten engaged and have booked their wedding reception at this very same location!

A couple of the accents on this page were added because of what I know now about them, that they didn't know way back then!


I knew that this cut apart card would make a perfect title for this layout, and how lucky for me the work and the idea were already taken card of! I flanked it with several embellishments to help draw attention to it.  (As if it needed it! ha!) There is a very subtle clear sticker in the shape of a diamond that I placed onto the page because they have become engaged.


On the left side of the photos I added another small cluster, part of which is this pretty mason jar of flowers die cut.  Christina is thinking of having mason jars with flowers in them on the tables at the wedding reception. I am loving that idea and that this collection is allowing me to customize this page so effortlessly!


I kept things pretty simple at the top of the page.


After I added my journalling, I added a stamped date, some Heidi Swapp gold Color Shine and a bit of machine stitching.

I have created a process video for this layout, you can check it out below or here on my You-Tube channel!

I hope to see you play along at  Stuck?! Sketches,  we have two fabulous sponsors offering prizes to two lucky winners!



Supply List: Simple Stories Posh collection pattern papers (laugh lots, 4x6 horizontal cards, 3x4 journalling cards, follow your dreams, simply amazing, 2x12 4x12 6x12 remnants), washi, clear stickers, bits and pieces, epoxy metal clips, chipboard; Simple Stories Snap Basic patterned paper (hickory and cream grid) ; American Crafts bakers twine; Heidi Swapp gold Color Shine; Simple Stories "I Am" enamel dots; Simple Stories "life in color" bradz; Accent Scrapbooking flair.

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous page Laura! Congrats to them on their engagement!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!