Thursday, November 03, 2016

Road Trip | Evalicious

Hey there!

I had a bit of time to play the other day, and some goodies from Evalicious on my desk, coupled with a desire to play with my water colour paints, so you have to know a layout was born! Ha!


I snapped this photo of my husband and I with a really old cell phone, so the quality is not great - thus the black and white small print - but it still captures the memory so of course it will end up in the album!

In June of 2015, a few weeks before we were to close on our new (to us) home we had to drive the 3 hours north to attend the home inspection (it was to be a big move).  So we decided to make a weekend of it and stay at our trailer which was super close to the new house (and what inspired the move).  Of course, our youngest wanted to come with us, but we ditched him left in the very capable hands of his older brothers, and had a grown ups weekend!

I am playing with the "On our Way"  collection from Evalicious which is super fun and happy, I had loads of fun pulling the colours from the collection to make my page fun and happy, too!


I began by designing and cutting out this large title from white American Crafts cardstock, I also cut out the coordinating solid for the title, which I added water colour paints to.  I had fun mixing paints to get the "right" colours.  The title came together super quickly and I loved the process!  It is intentionally not perfect, instead I opted for different degrees of coverage, giving a bit of a mottled look to the finished piece. Before adhering anything to my background, I splattered on some of the same colours on to it.


After that I played with embellishments for a bit, pulling my layout together with a few small clusters.


To finish off my page, I added some random stitching and journaling.

I have created a process video for this layout, you can check it out below or here on my You-Tube channel!


Supply List: Evalicious "On Our Way" travel die cuts, planner washi stickersplanner label stickers; epoxy stickers, wood veneer V1, wood veneer V2, puffy stickers V2, planner page tab stickers; Evalicious flair; Simple Stories "Vintage Bliss" teal chevron paper; Simple Stories |Say Cheese II" enamel dots; Leow's water colour paints; Staedtler fine tip felt pen; American Crafts cardstock; Art Alternative clear gesso; Sargent white gesso.

Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments:

  1. Loving the large title! Awesome page Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout Laura, love the oversized title!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Awesome page and awesome video! Love the watercoloring!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!