Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Talk to the Hand | Stuck?! Sketches

Hey there!  We are launching a brand new sketch challenge over at Stuck?! Sketches!  Here is a look at the sketch, I hope that you like it as I had a lot of fun creating it!


It suggests two photos but of course you can mix things up to suit your own needs!

I used my "stash kit" to create this page, it is my second one from this kit so far, and I am loving using up some of these goodies!  You can read more about how I built my stash kit and how you can build one too in this post, if you wish.


My son sent me these photos of his little guy, taken while picnicking at the park.  I think he was tired of having his photos snapped - well let me tell you, he ain't seen nothing yet! Ha!


I couldn't resist using "talk to the hand" as my title, creating it from a couple of different types of Simple Stories alpha stickers.  And because the photo seems a little "Sean Penn / paparazzi-esque" (it's gotta be a word, even though spell check tells me no!) I chose the star paper for my background!


I love combining elements from various collections which is another reason why this stash kit is super appealing to me.


I really love the suggested embellishment cluster at the bottom of the sketch! As I mentioned, I really enjoyed this sketch and so I stuck pretty bang on with the sketch.

I hope you decide to play along with us at  Stuck?! Sketches. I love seeing your takes on the sketch and we have two amazing (and new to us) sponsors offering prizes!



Supply List: Amy Tangerine and Echo Park patterned papers; Amy Tangerine cut apart card; Simple Stories "Life in Color" alpha stickers, ephemera, stickers, enamel dots and chipboard; Freckled Fawn label sticker; Martha Stewart twine; Evalicious puffy stickers; Buttons & Badges flair; Studio Calico Washi stickers.

Thanks so much for visiting today!

2 comments:

  1. How sweet!! Love this gorgeous page Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely take on the sketch and cute photos too. Talk to the hand is surely the perfect title :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!