Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thankful | Simple Stories

Hi there!  I am back today sharing my second monthly layout for Simple Stories, this time I am focusing a little more on the food elements of the Gather Together mini collection.  As I was trying to decide what photo to scrapbook, I realized that I take many photos of food and not very many of us enjoying the food or the company at dinner - I think I need to change that! Anyway as I mentioned yesterday, we opted for a smaller non-traditional Thanksgiving meal this year, and if our youngest is choosing the menu it is usually something to do with steak!


Once I decided on my background paper and the oh so pretty plaid as a secondary paper my layout, which features large and small focal areas, was also pretty much decided by the way I used these papers.


My first focal area includes my picture and title as well as a few embellishment clusters. Once again I pulled in a few flowery embellishments from the Hello Fall collection. I love the way these collections work so well together.


This smaller cluster at the bottom right of my page mimics my focal area, with the exception of the photo. I love the way this area turned out!  The pumpkin cluster was fussy cut from another sticker so it was missing some of the white border around it, I disguised this by doodling around the upper portion of it with a white pen. I love the way it turned out!


I added one more small area to the right of my photo so that I could have a spot for my journalling, not to mention an excuse to use a few more sweet stickers! I love the way this page turned out, although I do wish I had thought to add some machine stitching, but I think it is just fine without it.

I do have another process video today, you can watch the video for this layout below or here on my You-Tube channel!


Supply list: (from Simple Stories)
4662 Gather Together 6x12 Sticker sheet
4331 Say Cheese II Enamel Dots
(other supplies: misc. buttons, DMC floss, American Crafts brown Precision Pen, Versacolor Pinecone ink) 

Thanks so much for popping by!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!