Tuesday, November 29, 2016

You | ScrapMuch? Class

Hey there!  I thought I would share a layout today that I taught as a class at a recent ScrapMuch? retreat.  I had fun using the Echo Park "Happy Summer" collection to create this page, and incorporated a few techniques for the ladies to try.


Some of my ladies were well versed in getting messy when creating, and others were newer to it.  But they were all super open to diving in and giving it a go!

We began by covering our pages in clear Gesso, even though the clear is a little gritty, I like that it doesn't make my bright white cardstock yellow-ish, like white Gesso can.


We set that aside to dry and worked on building our layers.  I always try to cut pretty much everything to the exact sizes we need to save my ladies time.


I designed the page so that it could easily be taught with drying time, as the layers were easily assembled off of the page and adhered in place once our backgrounds were finished.


I know it is a little hard to tell in the photos, but if you look closely you will see that we random stamped butterflies on our backgrounds which we heat embossed with clear embossing powder.


This allowed us to add water colour paints via a brush and the packaging technique, and get a resist effect on our butterflies.  We also added in sprinkles of mist.

At this point, the page was ready to dry and assemble.  Drying time was super quick.  I added journalling to finish off my page, which I managed to smudge because I didn't use my Sharpie :( , oh well!

I am so thankful for the ladies that took my class(es), we always have a lovely time.  It is a great way to chat with a group and we all end up learning a thing or two from each other!

Supply List:  American Crafts Cardstock; Echo Park patterned paper: misc. kraft paper and sequins; Freckled Fawn cork embellishments; misc. stamp; Studio Calico wood veneer; misc. crochet twine; Imagine clear embossing powder; Art Alternatives Gesso; Leows watercolour paints; Tattered Angels mist; Staedtler pen; Tim Holtz tiny attacher; misc. sequins..

Thanks so much for visiting today!


4 comments:

  1. I had such fun making this page. I love getting down and dirty, so to speak. I am going to try one using Christmas colours. Thanks Laura for another wonderful class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think of you when I create my classes! I can't wait to see your Christmas-y take on this one!

      Delete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!