Sunday, December 11, 2016

Be Holly and Jolly | T'is the Season 12 Days of Holiday Scrapping Videos


Hey there!  I am so excited to share that I was invited by Audrey Yeager to join in on the T'is the Season 12 Days of Holiday Scrapping Videos.  Audrey is creating process videos for 12 consecutive days (I know she is a machine!) and has invited a guest for each day!  Today is day 11 and that guest is me!  For our challenge we are to incorporate our number (ie. 11 for day 11) somehow on our page.

Here is my page, I am once again using my beloved stash of Mistletoe Kisses from Simple Stories! It's almost gone, and I have just one more page to share with it coming soon!


My son and his fiance took their little guy to get some holiday photos done and sent me a link to download them once they got home.  Man I love technology! Three hours away and I have them in my eager little hands within in minutes!


I actually created a sketch to jump start my page, as you can see I used Christmas trees instead of triangles.


And speaking of trees, after creating a cut file and die cutting my trees, I really wanted to add sequins in behind them so I also cut out solid trees from vellum. I love the way that they turned out!


My title is a combination of chipboard and die cuts.


I tried to repeat several of the same embellishments for continuity.


It's a little hard to tell, but this page has some water colour paints and mists in the background, as well as stitching behind the focal area. Oh and I incorporated my number 11 by adding 11 enamel dots to my page!  I absolutely adore the way it turned out!

So since this is a 12 days of Holiday Scrapping Video series, of course I have a process video for this layout, you can check it out below or here on my You-Tube channel!


Be sure to check out all of Audrey's videos here on her channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/audreykit1 and find out how you can play along to win a prize on this video

Supply List: Simple Stories Mistletoe Kisses patterned paper "Oh What Fun" and "HO HO HO"; Simple Stores color vibes patterned papers in mint; Simple Stories Mistletoe Kisses bits and pieces and 4x6 stickers, enamel dots, washi, chipboard, cardstock stickers and decorative clips; American Crafts cardstock; Steadtler pen; clear Gesso; Simple Stories Classic Christmas roller stamp; CTMH black ink; Dear Lizzy Date stamp; Smooch Spritz 'ice rink'; Leows water color paint; misc sequins.

Thanks so much for visiting!

1 comment:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!